Reverse Thrust...

ViperPilot2

Hello!

I know that the 'traditional' Keyboard assignment for Reverse Thrust is to hold the F2 key down. However, I was looking at the Keyboard Assignments page in Settings, and there isn't an actual description in the Assignments for Reverse Thrust. Yes, I have changed many of the Keyboard Assignments to fit my Keyboard, and I cannot remember what Reverse Thrust is. There... I admitted it. :p;)

Is it listed under another Description, or perhaps the F2 key assignment is 'hard coded' into FS9?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Depending on the Keyboard Commands list you have, it will be listed under Engine Commands as one of these:

Decrease Throttle

Throttle Decrease

or either of the above followed by (increments).

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I found it... It's "Throttle Decrease", just as tiger1962 (Tim) has pointed out.

Many Thanks, Tim! ;)

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

You're very welcome Alan and long live FS2004, FS9, or whatever your pet name for it is!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

You're very welcome Alan and long live FS2004, FS9, or whatever your pet name for it is!

I just call myself a "Niner"... as in FS9! ;)

There's a guy I follow on YT named MidnightMaverick who posts videos flying in MSFS2020, and he got a kick out of the fact that I still use Nine as my Sim. Some followers laughed, but many said that it's the perfect SIM for those that are either Hardware or Budget challenged, and for the Beginner because it'll run on just about any rig out there!

:pilot:

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

@ViperPilot2

Hi

The comment THEY made

"Some followers laughed, but many said that it's the perfect SIM for those that are either Hardware or Budget challenged, and for the Beginner because it'll run on just about any rig out there!"

Just let THEM do it !!

I bet most of THEM do NOT understand:

1. Computer HW / SW / OP-Systems

2. Do NOT understand the "REAL Internas" of a FS System

4. NEVER did any Improvement to FS9 (however they could ///)

3. Are NOT real Pilots at ALL

4. Are to dumb to walk in a straight line ..

Sincerely

G. Kirschstein

So, here's a nerdier way of doing this. LOL

In your FS9.cfg file is where the keyboard assignments are held, right? Well, they have a number for the keyboard key assignment like this: THROTTLE_DECR=113,8

According to Opa's post here (I swear this guy still helps me today even though he's passed) that key command means plain key and the F2 key. As 113 is the F2 key. The pertinent information to all this is in the FSUIPC for Advanced Users.pdf file found in the modules folder of FSUIPC. That is, if you installed FSUPIC. The pages you want in the PDF are 30 and 23. At least in my September, 2013 version.

So what does this all mean? Well, if you use Notepad ++ like I do (I guess Notepad would work or what ever) and you're trying to find what's assigned to the F2 key, just CTL+F (Find) in Notepad the number 113 or what ever other key according to the PDF. Now you can see EXACTLY what it's assigned to. Or maybe more than one, but you'll figure it out.

key_assingments.jpg

Lets have a look at another key. How about the barometric calibration key. Look at the attachment above. It says 66,8. 66 is the key assignment and 8 means plain key. We look in the PDF and this is what we see.

key_assingments2.jpg