Were is the thresh hold of the runway?

Guest sungi

I always here once u are over the thresh hold cut the throttle on the plane. Were is the thresh hold of the runway? Is it a certin amount of alt above the runway?? Also this is a two part question. I have lots of trouble landing in bad weather. Last night there were cross winds at ohair. Well I dont seem to have that much control over my air craft during an ils apr. Is it better just to land manualy when the weather is bad. because the wind sends u off course a little. The rudders dont seem to be much help either.

The threshold of the runway is at its beginning, so basically over the numbers or just barely past that.

If you are having trouble in crosswinds, perhaps you should go back to the basics of how to fly, preferably in a light aircraft, and do a lot of practice. That's what we do in real life.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

O'hair....wherefore art thou? You're not on top of my head! :D I consider the start of the runway and the threshold markings to be the landing threshold. I try to land about 50-100 feet beyond that. Always look to the very far end of the runway to help guide you down. BTW it's O'Hare Airport. ;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️