fsx deluxe add new aircraft (an-225)

ross oaker

Hi, as a newbie (purchased fsx many years ago but rarely used it), i have been try to install Antonov AN-255 but the instructions are vague. I have downloaded and installed other aircraft where it says to copy certain files/folders into fsx and it's been no problem.

it seems (and I could be wrong) that I should extract the zip to a folder called "Community" which does not exist anywhere on my C: drive (which is where FSX is installed). So I have tried extracting and copying the folders into the corresponding folders in FSX, I can now see AN-225 in the selection of aircraft available but when I try to fly it I get "Failed to startup the flight model".

Could someone please help. I see others have installed AN-225 without any problems, it appears I am doing something wrong, or not doing something I should. Could someone provide me with a step-by-step guide.

Thanks in advance

Also, where did you download this aircraft from? Filename, please!

Sounds like wrong sim, to me. DO YOU know the difference between FSX and MSFS? FSX was released in October 2006. Somehow I doubt you can be a `newbie` AND in the FSX forum after nearly 20 years!

My great grandfather was an FSX simmer. He's been dead for the past ten years.

i found and downloaded from two locations -

https://flightsim.to/file/14839/antonov-an-225-mrija-v0-5

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24850/msfs-antonov-an-225-mriya/

Yes on looking further I don't think it is for FSX it seems to be for FS 2020 but it does mention that is was ported over from FSX, so I guess it did/does exist somewhere.

Many thanks for your replies.