Aig and fsltl live traffic confusion

I have been using the AIG live traffic for some time and recently installed FSLTL Live traffic for MSFS2020 from FlyByWire. For both MODs, In the tutorial they mentioned that In the SIM to SET the AIRCRAFT TYPE to OFF position and ground aircraft density to GIRO (0). The question is when I put the AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE to OFF position NEITHER of the MODs shows any live aircraft at all. I can only see some live AIR traffic when I set AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYE to REAL LIVE TRAFFIC . I would be glad to hear if other simmers can see the LIVE AIR TRAFFIC while the "aircraft traffic type" SET to OFF position, if others can then why I can not? Regards

I have been using the AIG live traffic for some time and recently installed FSLTL Live traffic for MSFS2020 from FlyByWire. For both MODs, In the tutorial they mentioned that In the SIM to SET the AIRCRAFT TYPE to OFF position and ground aircraft density to GIRO (0). The question is when I put the AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE to OFF position NEITHER of the MODs shows any live aircraft at all. I can only see some live AIR traffic when I set AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYE to REAL LIVE TRAFFIC . I would be glad to hear if other simmers can see the LIVE AIR TRAFFIC while the "aircraft traffic type" SET to OFF position, if others can then why I can not? Regards

I don’t have it but reading the guide, it says you’ll need to uninstall AIG as the two are not compatible with each other. Keep in mind also, it’s a LIVE program so at certain times of day, you may not see any aircraft at all..

I’m staying away at the moment, as tempting as it looks.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

That's strange as I'm getting them showing up no problem with 'aircraft traffic type' set to OFF. Are both sets of files installed directly into your community folder?

As Kingnorris suggests, traffic is quiet in the evenings when I fly most for FSLTL, but the airports are well populated with aircraft. I think Real Traffic draws on the MSFS own resources hence this needs to be off to use AIR or FSLTL.

System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

Here is a pretty good tutorial. At first, I misunderstood that I didn't need to download the Base package if I was not flying online with VATSIM, etc. However, I downloaded the Base package, and it has all of the models and liveries, and my airports are populating within just a few moments of starting FSLTL Traffic. I'm using all of the default settings and it definitely outperforms AIG as well as being much easier to install and update.

Jack T.

MSI Z370 SLI Plus, i7-9700k, 32 Gb DDR4 3600 MHz memory, PNY RTX 4070Ti

That's strange as I'm getting them showing up no problem with 'aircraft traffic type' set to OFF. Are both sets of files installed directly into your community folder?

As Kingnorris suggests, traffic is quiet in the evenings when I fly most for FSLTL, but the airports are well populated with aircraft. I think Real Traffic draws on the MSFS own resources hence this needs to be off to use AIR or FSLTL.

Thank you for your reply. I have installed both files BASE MODEL INJECTOR and they work fine populates the Airports with many different libraries and also I can see some moving aircrafts on the ground BUT what I am confused with is I can not SEE any planes flying in or flying out OF ANY AIRPORTS unless "AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE" set to REAL-LIFE ONLINE. In the tutorials they tell you to set "aircraft traffic type" to OFF position. Regards.

Here is a pretty good tutorial. At first, I misunderstood that I didn't need to download the Base package if I was not flying online with VATSIM, etc. However, I downloaded the Base package, and it has all of the models and liveries, and my airports are populating within just a few moments of starting FSLTL Traffic. I'm using all of the default settings and it definitely outperforms AIG as well as being much easier to install and update.

Thanks for your reply. If I use the setting as same you do then I have no problem, BUT I do not understand why they tell to set the AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE option to OFF position, Regards

Thanks for your reply. If I use the setting as same you do then I have no problem, BUT I do not understand why they tell to set the AIRCRAFT TRAFFIC TYPE option to OFF position, Regards

It's to prevent any default ai traffic such as generic airliners and liveries from showing up.

If you set the traffic type to Off, then delete your rolling cache and restart the sim, then re-set your rolling cache (8Gb is the default) you should see FSLTL traffic again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Unfortunately, I have the same issue. Because it uses live traffic, when I fly, there is less live activity even if I set the sim time to during the day. Airport ground vehicles needs to be set to at least 1 for aircraft to move I believe too, so just check that setting. The benefit of AIG is that it has offline flightplans that will link to the sim time, not real time.
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller