Why is AI so unreliable in MSFS?

I'm asking this as a genuine technical question, not a moan (well, suppose there is a moan too!)

In FS9 and FSX, AI traffic was fairly well catered for and using programs, I was able to import models and edit flightplans, edit airport layouts for AI and it was a fairly simple affair to get a good population of traffic that flew reliably. Why has MSFS got more unreliable AI traffic management with all this previous knowledge to build on?

I've got AIG and generally liked it apart from installing each individual package and crashed a lot. Can be used as AI offline to stay aligned to Sim time rather than real time which is important.

Installed FSLTL and again like it, but it only has live traffic, however, easy to install

I believe there are lots of idiosyncrasies in MSFS that makes traffic unstable too so these addon packages are constrained by these factors.

Are there technical advances in MSFS that negate copying and pasting old style AI traffic management from FSX but as a result introduce bugs?

Thanks

System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller

Are there technical advances in MSFS that negate copying and pasting old style AI traffic management from FSX but as a result introduce bugs?

The FSX traffic .bgl's will work in MSFS (although MSFS has more airports than the default FSX) but the AI aircraft models and/or textures need to be MSFS native, as AIG and FSLTL have both discovered.

The MSFS live traffic gives good coverage in the USA only, it's very patchy in the rest of the world (FSLTL's live traffic system gives much better global coverage).

The main issues with MSFS default AI Traffic are that airliners will spawn at 1500ft, ground traffic put on "hold position, caution other traffic" by ATC will begin rotating on the spot, most AI traffic is referred to as "generic" by ATC, and the AI system will use non-AI models as traffic which kills FPS on some PC's.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for explaining some of the intricacies that cause it to trip up. I like the user friendliness of FSLTL but a good development would be the use of traffic plan files that relate to sim time so it can be appreciated any time you get the chance to get online.
System: I7 8700k 3.7Ghz, RTX3070 inno3d iChill X4, 32Gb 3000Mhz Corsair Vengeance RAM, 2 x 1Tb ssd, 1 x M.2 ssd, 1 x 250Gb ssd, 32" Gigabyte monitor, Thrustmaster T.16000m controller