Default & Add-On Airport Scenery Showing - Unsure what I changed

Qballbandit

Hello,

I have the FSDT KLAX airport scenery, and have had it active for years. I made some AFCAD mods recently and noticed last night when going back to make some apron adjustments that the default airport scenery is now showing along with the FSDT scenery.

I am not sure what I clobbered to make this happen. I know I only have one AFD file; checked with scanafd, though not sure that would "activate" the default airport even if I had a dup?

The scenery area and layer in the scenery.cfg still look the same after comparing to a backup prior to my AFCAD changes.

Any ideas what may have caused this or how I can rectify it?

Thanks very much,

Neil

One would think, but I believe that is a negative. Looking at 2 backup drives, my scenery folder is the same for the airport - don't see exclude files. I have them for KORD, but not for KFLL, my other 2 FSDT airports.

Neil

The "exclude" doesn't have to be in a separate file. Scenery files generated with SceneGenX can contain "excludes" as well as building details and AFCAD (airport layout) details all in one bgl, but if the file is re-edited by a utility which doesn't "understand" excludes it may well leave them out.

You'd need to revert to the original sceneries from your backup to prove or disprove the point.

Good luck :)

Larry, thanks for your reply. Yes, but the FSDT scenery is still priority over default, which is the way it was when it worked for years.

Chris, thanks for your reply. Good learning point for me. I am used to seeing the "EXL*** files. I tried the last backup, and it was not good either. Wasn't sure if it was a local MSFS thing or if it was wonky on the backed up version, but now leaning towards the later.

John, thanks for your reply. Read some of your threads from a few years ago on this subject. Hard to wrap my head around some of it, but I'll move forward with tying to get the original AFD file.

Things is, I have used "AFCAD 2.21 for FS2004" for years (yes, used it to originally modify this airport with success), so why did did the scenery work fine years ago, and even up until fairly recently - then something I did sent it to the toilet? Rhetorical question, but I am not able to reconcile this mystery.

I'll reply ack as I work forward.

I appreciate all of you guys for taking the time to provide some guidance. :)

Neil

Update:

I copied my FSDT/KLAX scenery to a backup folder, leaving the original in place. Figured, what the hell, run the installer again. Not sure what it fixed, but it fixed the issue. The amount of files is the same, and I see no updates to file dates anywhere, but I won't question it.

I also have used AFCAD2 to modify numerous times in the last 30 minutes with no ill effect.

I'll consider this - CASE CLOSED :)

Again , I thank you all for your time and wisdom.

Neil