Keeping Passenger/cargo weights

pck42

You didn't mention which sim, but in FSX and earlier just load it the way you want and save it as a flight, so that it will come up that way each time you load the flight. Or you can just edit the configuration in the aircraft.cfg file for that aircraft. Don't know, but 2020 might be similar. Edited by lnuss

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Agree with Inuss. The aircraft will load with the passenger/ cargo configuration in the aircraft.cfg. In FSX, (sorry. I dont have MSFS), go to the SimObjects/Airplanes/C208B file (the default Grand Caravan, or go to whatever aircraft you are using)/aircraft.cfg file and open it. (ALWAYS make a backup in case we screw up!). Scroll about half way down the page to the section [WEIGHT_AND_BALANCE]. The first line is the maximum weight your aircraft can be. The second line is the empty weight of the aircraft. The difference is how much you can add to the empty aircraft in passengers and cargo. The lines labelled station_load.0,1,2 etc are the places loads can be added in the places named in the next section. The number in the station_load.x section is what shows up on your aircraft payload page when you open it in FSX. The " words" under the station_name. x section is the name of each section as it appears on the payload page when you load the aircraft.

You can change these! So, if you want a passenger in station_load.2 or .3, put in their weights instead of the zero. (The last 3 numbers in each line is their location in the model. Cargo weight you add in pods 1, 2, 3, 4 (station_load.10, 11, 12, 13). Distribute it evenly, just like the pilot would do in a real plane. Saving this .cfg will have that come up every time. Personally, I like them all at zero, so I can decide each time who gets on, how much they weigh, where they sit, and how to distribute cargo.

But, some aircraft I like preloaded. Hope this helps.

Thanks to both of you. Im using FS2020. Unfortuately There is no Weight and Balance parameter in the aircraft cfg. ( There is in some others) Think I might try and add that to the cfg and see what happens. Oh! HAHA, I'll do a back up don't worry:rolleyes: Will let you know so we can share with others.

pck42

I don't have the 2020 version, but aren't there some menu choices where you can avoid needing to manually change the aircraft.cfg? Of course it's not as permanent if you don't use it in a saved flight, but it may work.

Also, as you indicate, adding the fields probably will help -- it certainly would in FSX, so I'd expect they would keep that.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Hi, Trying to add Weight and Balance to the aircraft cfg did not work but there is a work around. Load the plane (Grand Caravan) as desired and save the flight plan. Nesxt time open the flight plane and change the Depature/Destination. Caravan will remain configured with passengers already loaded.

pck42

I strongly suspect you will get more helpful advice, if you post this in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 forum below.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU