I've created a Partial Fix, but looking for a full Solution

Long Shot, I may not get an Answer but at least I'm Trying ;) :p (I've already posted this via Fs-Developer's page been sitting there for days, although i did get some replies but Solution)

Hello to all, there's an existing Freeware Aircraft that I'm trying to get to work with 3rd Party Program GSX PRO, This Aircraft at one point "DID NOT" work with GSX PRO due to GSX PRO not detecting Parking Brakes, hence giving the Message, You need to set Parking Brakes to Request Ground Services" I've already fixed that part.

I took it upon myself to investigate further and came up with a Partial Solution via Trial and Error. I now managed to get this working with GSX Pro, "well kind of".

Partial Solution:

To get it to work I Simply added the missing Lines refering to Parking Brakes to the corresponding files listed Below, under [Controls.0] [ParkingBrake=100.00 and ParkingBrake=0.] In the proper places where the entry wasn't present.

I've compared it to another freeware Aircraft to find where the entries belong and added them accordingly to the one that was missing the Entries.

Also, in Systems.cfg Under [bRAKES] I Changed the line from Parking_brake=0 to Parking_brake = 1 ; BrakeTypes enum.

After making these changes, GSX now detects the brakes when applied and now everything 'kind of' works as it should, but when pushback is engaged, and Parking Brakes are Released it doesn't detect the parking brakes being released, hence giving me the message to release Brakes continuously even after releasing.

I've contacted one of the Admis over @ GSX via PM and he replied with, (GSX uses the same test for parking brakes on set and release, there's no reason it could work any differently). he then asked If this plane is using a custom variable for brakes.

So, continuing forward, I now know this Aircraft uses its own Custom Variable for Brakes that GSX PRO is not Detecting, The Fix I made somehow Bypasses or Ignores whatever variable is set for Parking Brakes being Set within one of the Aircraft’s XML Files but unfortunately not for Release when Pushback is engaged via GSX Pro.

Since it’s only a Partial Fix the release Parking Brakes issue is present cause GSX PRO cant detect the brakes are released due to the Custom Brake Variable, I have been digging for answers online to see if someone can give me a Solid Answer as to how I can Edit this Brake Variable to get it to fully work with GSX Pro but to no Avail.

List of the Files edited:

approach.FLT

apron.FLT

Climb.FLT

cruise.FLT

final.FLT

hangar.FLT

runway.FLT

taxi.FLT

Systems.cfg

Edited by Garciamk3g

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Can you copy and paste the Custom Brake variable here please? Better still, which freeware aircraft is it?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hello Tim, it is the Headwind A330, Available @ Flightsim.to, I have Uploaded the one titled Headwind A330 GSX Parking Brake Fix back in AUG If you wish to take a look at that one, or you can have a look @ the Original Headwind, they're both the same, I simply edited the CFG Files listed above to get it to partially work with GSX Pro on the one I uploaded.

The Issue presents itself only when Pushback is Engaged via GSX Pro and ask to Release Parking Brakes, when parking Brake is released GSX fails to detect it and continues to ask for Parking Brake Release.

My Upload Here with the Partial Fix: https://flightsim.to/file/39374/revised-headwind-a320-updated-fbw-system-and-gsx-parking-brake-fix

Original Headwind Download Here: https://flightsim.to/file/18198/airbus-a330-900neo-conversion

Edited by Garciamk3g

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

It looks like this A330 is based on the default A320neo, so why not replace the A330 system.cfg [brakes] section with the A320neo [brakes] section:

[bRAKES]

parking_brake = 1 ; BrakeTypes enum

auto_brakes = 3 ; This value is the number of "positive" settings, not including OFF. '0' means NO AutoBrake

toe_brakes_scale = 0.5 ; Brake scalar

differential_braking_scale = 0 ; Delta on the amount of brake when the rudder pedals deflected

hydraulic_system_scalar = 1 ; On brakes dependant on the hydraulic system, ratio hyd system to max brake hyd pressure

rto_disabled_on_takeoff = 1

autobrakes_requires_antiskid = 1

autobrakes_disabled_on_braking = 1

The A330 section has no auto_brakes or hydraulic_system_scalar, these could be what GSX is looking for.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes, I've done this to No Avail unfortunately, according to the people over @ the FS Developer Page it is an Internal Custom Brake Variable within the A330 XML File that's seems to be causing the Issue.

Although the first line under [bRAKES] helped along with the rest of the Changes I made to the other CFG files to get it working with GSX Pro (Other than GSX Pro Pushback not detecting Parking Brake Release) the rest of the Lines under [bRAKES] aren't doing much for Parking Brake Release when Pushback is initiated.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Garciamk3g

Yes, I've done this to No Avail unfortunately, according to the people over @ the FS Developer Page it is an Internal Custom Brake Variable within the A330 XML File that's seems to be causing the Issue.

There isn't an A330.xml, however there are several .xml files in the ModelBehaviorDefs folder. I searched them all for any reference to 'brake' and unfortunately none of them contain anything brake-related.

The only .xml file which does have brake variables, as far as I can see, is the A330_NEO_INTERIOR.xml in the model folder. One section which covers the toebrakes has this line:

True

You might try changing True to False on that line and see what happens to braking in general and with GSX. Sorry I don't have GSX to test it myself!

There isn't an A330.xml, however there are several .xml files in the ModelBehaviorDefs folder. I searched them all for any reference to 'brake' and unfortunately none of them contain anything brake-related.

The only .xml file which does have brake variables, as far as I can see, is the A330_NEO_INTERIOR.xml in the model folder. One section which covers the toebrakes has this line:

True

You might try changing True to False on that line and see what happens to braking in general and with GSX. Sorry I don't have GSX to test it myself!

That I have Not Tried, I will give this a shot and Report Back.

In Reference to the name of the XML File, I was Referring to A330_NEO.xml LoL My mistake...at the verry Bottom of the XML I saw this, wasn't sure if anything there was of any importance, so I left it as is.

Untitled.png

Edited by Garciamk3g

at the verry Bottom of the XML I saw this, wasn't sure if anything there was of any importance, so I left it as is.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]231274[/ATTACH]

It's the code for making the wheel chocks appear when the plane is parked.

It's the code for making the wheel chocks appear when the plane is parked.

That did cross my Mind but since I'm no Expert I left it as is, thanks for clearing that up.

I set True to False to no Avail, I have a feeling this is something GSX themselves may have to work with on their end to get this Aircraft to fully work with GSX PRO Pushback Feature. Or perhaps A330_NEO_INTERIOR_LOD01.gltf also has to be edited for it to accept whatever Variable changes are made to the XML File that holds the Brake Variable.

What I don't understand is what else could there be? My Original Changes Mentioned under Partial Fix Above gets Rid of the (You must set Parking Brakes to request Ground Services) witch at least allows Users to now use 90% of GSX Pro features, it is only when Pushback is engaged that it doesn't recognize when Parking Brakes are Released hence giving you the continuous message to Release Parking Brakes, not allowing to continue the pushback forcing Users to avoid Pushback all together.

Guess they'll have to settle for that until I can find out exactly what GSX is looking for to try and fix the Issue.

Untitled.png

Edited by Garciamk3g

NOTE: The Admin over @ FSDT did ask me if the Aircraft uses a Custom Internal Brake Variable, perhaps something in one of the .gltf files Not sure, I ask him if he can elaborate Further, but he never did get back to me.

Tim I'd like to thank you for your Effort, I Really do Appreciated :D

What have I Gotten myself into, this all started out with me just tinkering around with the files and comparing them with the Default ones to get it working on my end, and since I managed to at least fix part of the issue I decided to share it with others and upload it via Flightsim.to back in Aug being that a lot of people were requesting the fix when I posted Screenshots of me Loading Cargo on the Headwind using GSX witch wasn't possible before. :pilot:

Some are now mentioning the Pushback Issue, so if we can't figure this out, they'll just have to avoid using GSX Pushback all together and just use the Simulator's Pushback Feature Instead, wich I personally don't have an Issue with. :rolleyes::pilot:

Edited by Garciamk3g

If there is a custom brake variable within one of the .gltf files, then the Headwind team should be able to make it GSX compatible. Have you contacted them about GSX compatibility? They have a flightsim.to group: https://flightsim.to/group/18198/airbus-a330-900neo-conversion and a Discord server: https://discord.gg/UxWy8C6kgv

If there is a custom brake variable within one of the .gltf files, then the Headwind team should be able to make it GSX compatible. Have you contacted them about GSX compatibility? They have a flightsim.to group: https://flightsim.to/group/18198/airbus-a330-900neo-conversion and a Discord server: https://discord.gg/UxWy8C6kgv

I did Once but I will try again on Discord, once again Really appreciate the help :):cool: