Overspeed warning

Radioguy

Hi All

I've been using FSX since it came out. Everything is working fine.....however......I just noticed today that I no longer see the OVERSPEED warning (in red letters) in the lower right hand corner. I hear the "clicking" sound but the "OVERSPEED" letters do not show. Anybody have any ideas?

thanks, Radioguy

Perhaps you've become a better pilot over the last 16 or so years.

Just my two cents worth. lol

i7 8086K @ 5.2 GHz, H115i Pro Cooler, GIGABYTE Z370 Gaming 7, 8GB GeForce GTX 1080, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3200Mhz, 250GB SAMSUNG 970 M.2, 500GB SAMSUNG 970 M.2, 1TB WD Black, EVGA 650watt SuperNOVA G3 80+ GOLD, Corsair Black Obsidian Series 750D case, LG Ext Blu-ray/CD/DVD, Win 10 64bit, Samsung 32” Odyssey G70B 4K IPS 144Hz G-Sync

The "Overspeed " (and "Brake" warnings) are set by the language.dll file in the main FSX folder. If you have access to the OEM language.dll file, copy and paste it to the main FSX folder and let it overwrite your current language.dll file. I can't say this will fix it, but it is worth a try. If you don't have access to it, send me a PM and I'll send it to you via email. Be sure to include your email address. I can't attach it here as it is not a valid file extension that Flightsim.com will accept.

The "Overspeed " (and "Brake" warnings) are set by the language.dll file in the main FSX folder. If you have access to the OEM language.dll file, copy and paste it to the main FSX folder and let it overwrite your current language.dll file. I can't say this will fix it, but it is worth a try. ..

Thats wrong.

To fix,

close fsx

open file fsx.cfg

find line: hide infotext=1

change to: hide infotext=0

close and save the file.

start fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats wrong.

To fix,

close fsx

open file fsx.cfg

find line: hide infotext=1

change to: hide infotext=0

close and save the file.

start fsx.

Before calling my suggestion "Wrong", you might like to take a look at the seventh file entry here . https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=93873329

Offered by the late, great David "OPA" Marshall. Westway did not indicate if both messages were not showing. If the "Brake" message was showing, than he could possibly have a corrupt language.dll file. If both messages were missing, than your suggested is worth looking at.

Nope! Just list the file name!

I just can't win!

Tried to attach the file but Flightsim says it is an invalid file. So how come it is in the Library?

At any rate, here is the the Installation and Description text file, written by OPA.

Modified language.dll for FSX - ENGLISH Version ONLY.

1. In your main FSX folder, find and rename the present language.dll as language.dll.Original

2. From this package, Copy the replacement language.dll from the folder named Edited Language.dll and Paste it into your main FSX folder, replacing the one you just renamed.

3. Start FSX and you will have modified Brake and Overspeed messages.

The Brakes message will now display as B

The Parking Brakes message will now display as PB

The Differential Brakes message will now display as DB

The Overspeed Message will now display as OVSP

To restore the original file, delete the replacement and restore the name of the file you changed in step one.

A copy of the original default language.dll is included in this package in case you should need it.

TECHNICAL NOTES:

The language.dll files were modified with a program named Resource Hacker which can be download from:

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

The modification to the language.dll file affect all aircraft of course.

To simply change the speed at which the Overspeed message displays on an individual aircraft, go to the aircraft.cfg file of the aircraft in question.

Find the [Reference Speeds] section and increase the max_indiacted_speed = entry to whatever you want.

example:

max_indicated_speed = 340 //Red line (KIAS)

change it to read

max_indicated_speed = 500 //Red line (KIAS)

Overspeed will now not show until you reach 500 kts IAS.

No flight dynamics are affected. You are only raising the barber pole overspeed warning based on the IAS instrument.

This information courtesy of Jim Ville.

The modifications work well on my machine - XP Operating System - and should do no harm.

However, as with any freeware, you use the modified language.dlls at your own risk.

Questions and/or Comments may be directed to:

David "Opa" Marshall

FSX - FSX Misc.FSX Abbreviated Brake And Overspeed Messages

[ Download | View ]

Name: abbreviatedmessages-fsx.zip

Size: 135,602 Date: 11-02-2010 Downloads: 513

abbreviatedmessages-fsx.gif

FSX Abbreviated Brake And Overspeed Messages. If you find the red reminder messages about Brakes and Overspeed intrusive, this package contains a revised language.dll which will abbreviate these messages. This file modification will ONLY work with the ENGLISH version of Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX and was created in response to several requests. Please unzip to a temporary folder and follow the very easy instructions. Compiled for your flying enjoyment by David "Opa" Marshall.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi

I found a link to the "replacement" language.dll file, tried it, and it did exactly what you said it would do......HOWEVER......I'm still not getting ANY indication of overspeed in the lower right hand corner. No "OVSP" or anything else. FWIW...this WAS the correct file and it also says that it was modified using Resource Hacker. The OTHER indications did change.

oh well.....:)))) Radioguy