The Honeycomb Bravo adventure, or how I learned to stop worrying and love Win 10-not

baronfritz

I have finally successfully concluded the ordeal with the Honeycomb Bravo!After a long drawn out attempt to get my original unit to work,It dawned on me that the thing just might be defective after all.I contacted the Honeycomb people and the unit was replaced under warranty with no problem at all.Although the service was a little slow to get off the ground, (the "ticket" system leaves a little to be desired),it turned out to be excellent.

Unfortunately about a day before the new Bravo arrived, I experienced a major computer crash! When the dust settled, I emerged at the other end with a newly purchased, state of the art Windows 10, replete with all the latest updates, most of which one needs like another hole in the head.The original operating system could not be re installed as it was dealer installed and there was no disk.At that point things got "interesting" I was able to put stop to the endless updates with Windows Update Blocker v1.7,available at https://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-7/.That wasn't the last of the conflicts attributable to the wonderful operating system however.There was also some changes I made to the registry and the FS9 cfg.After the fight to get the darn operating system to behave,I was able achieve satisfactory performance from the Bravo. I can go into more detail if anyone is interested.

The bottom line is the Honeycomb Bravo works (almost) flawlessly in FS2004!! While I haven't tried the auto pilot section,there being some residual angst from my previous fights with the original unit,I am very pleased with the performance. Imagine setting your power at 32",1900 rpm and it stays, rock steady!My old CH throttle never could do that without flickering, even when it was new.

It is unfortunate that the Honeycomb/Aerosft organization has chosen not to offer support of any kind for FS2004 or any older sim as the Bravo Throttle works nearly perfectly.Although the price of admission is a little steep, I think it is a very worthwhile up grade to the CH or logitec units you may be using now. I am very satisfied with the Bravo Throttle, FS2004, Windows 10 combination so far.