The Space Shuttle's Shuttle

BillD22

Here are some shots of the NASA B747 that was used to carry the Space Shuttle back to the Kennedy Space Center when it had to land on the West Coast instead of at the Cape.

The airplane is on a flight from Edwards Air Force Base (KEDW) in the sunny California desert to a cloudy landing in Florida at the Shuttle landing facility. This would be from sometime in the 1980s.

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

S4.jpg

S5.jpg

S6.jpg

S7.jpg

S8.jpg

S9.jpg

S10.jpg

fsim_thumbup-logo.jpg

When I was 15 years old with our school students, at the same time in the 1980s, we watched the landing at Tinker AFB, OK..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Desktop: Cybertron AMD cpu, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 , MS Windows 10 DirectX 12, ASUS 24" 1920x1080. Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas 4 (a since 10:43 PM 7/24/2018). New 2019 "PATRIOT" Memory VIPER DDR3 8GB x2 XMP2.0

FSX SE "FOR FSIM USE ONLY"

You may not be aware of it, but NASA conducted an experiment during the Apollo mission days. They launched a collection of cows into orbit on a prototype rocket, this must be the Prototype. :pilot:

Phanteks Eclipse P400A, Asus Prime Z490-A, Intel i7 10700k, Nactua U12A cooler, 64GB 3600mhz RAM, Nvidia EVGA RTX 3060 12GB XC Black Gaming, 500GB Samsung 970 Evo NvMe, 1TB WD SSD, 2TB WD SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 650W 80+ Gold Thermatake ToughPower GF1 Fully Modular PSU.

Great shot of the space shuttle piggyback Bill. :cool: :cool: When I lived near Chantilly, VA I saw the the fly around of the Enterprise and its carrier that was being delivered to the Smithsonian Museum now Udvar-Hazy Center near Dulles. That was Nov. 1985.

Larry