Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Control Problems

Default Alpha Flight Control Problems

I have been away from MSFS 2020 for about 5 months. I had put the controls back in their shipping containers for storage. I took them out of the boxes today and hooked the yoke and the throttle quadrant back up to my PC. The Aileron controls will not work correctly. When I go to Control Options and try to fix the problem the white line at the bottom will not go all the way to the right no matter how many times I try to fix it. The white line is no longer centered. When I try to fly it I have the yoke almost all the way to the right to keep the aircraft level. I am at a loss to know what to do now.
    Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Have you tried calibrating your controllers in windows game controller settings?
    MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram, 2 x 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drives, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals and Windows 11

Quote Originally Posted by kevinfolsom View Post
    Have you tried calibrating your controllers in windows game controller settings?
    Yes, Just like I did when I set the config the first time.
    Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Is it with all AC or just certain ones? Reason why I am asking is my stock AC work fine, but I am having problems controlling my Piper (Just Flight) AC, similar problems to yours. I would also disable any mods you have to see if that helps.
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Quote Originally Posted by davidc2 View Post
    Is it with all AC or just certain ones? Reason why I am asking is my stock AC work fine, but I am having problems controlling my Piper (Just Flight) AC, similar problems to yours. I would also disable any mods you have to see if that helps.
    It is the same with the Baron and the Cessna 172. There are no mods.

Quote Originally Posted by davidc2 View Post
    It is the same with the Baron and the Cessna 172. When I try to calibrate the Ailerons the White Line that shows it is correctly calibrated does not center up. The white line does not go all the way across to the right.

Just to confirm…. you have tried calibrating it with the Windows JOY.CPL ? (Not within flight sim)

If not, press the windows key and type joy.cpl. - the calibration box should pop up. From there you can select the yoke and follow the instructions.
    If this doesn’t work…. maybe unplug the yoke and try a different USB socket.

Is the yoke still under warranty? If not… as a last resort, there is a secret calibration menu within the yoke itself. I’ve never tried it myself but there are plenty of clips on YouTube explaining how to do it.
    You have to press the switches in a certain way to activate it. But as I say.. last resort

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Good call, Steve. If anyone wants to create a shortcut to this vital utility, and everyone should, here's how: https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10...lect%20Finish.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X, Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia RTX2060 6Gb, Logitech Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    Just to confirm…. you have tried calibrating it with the Windows JOY.CPL ? (Not within flight sim)

If not, press the windows key and type joy.cpl. - the calibration box should pop up. From there you can select the yoke and follow the instructions.
    If this doesn’t work…. maybe unplug the yoke and try a different USB socket.

Is the yoke still under warranty? If not… as a last resort, there is a secret calibration menu within the yoke itself. I’ve never tried it myself but there are plenty of clips on YouTube explaining how to do it.
    You have to press the switches in a certain way to activate it. But as I say.. last resort

Regards
    Steve
    Well, after doing all you have suggested it is no better. I guess it is time to try sending it back or buy a new one.

Is it still under warranty? There’s always the hidden calibration option. Might be an idea to get in touch with Honeycomb and ask what they would suggest.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX3090 Aorus Extreme 24GB
    3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs.
    Reverb G2 VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit
    Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast