Alpha Flight Control Problems

I have been away from MSFS 2020 for about 5 months. I had put the controls back in their shipping containers for storage. I took them out of the boxes today and hooked the yoke and the throttle quadrant back up to my PC. The Aileron controls will not work correctly. When I go to Control Options and try to fix the problem the white line at the bottom will not go all the way to the right no matter how many times I try to fix it. The white line is no longer centered. When I try to fly it I have the yoke almost all the way to the right to keep the aircraft level. I am at a loss to know what to do now.
Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Have you tried calibrating your controllers in windows game controller settings?

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Have you tried calibrating your controllers in windows game controller settings?

Yes, Just like I did when I set the config the first time.

Omen 45L - Intel i9-12900K W/Liquid Cooler - 64Gb DDR4-3733MHz Heatsink RAM - GeForce RTX3080 - ATX 800W 80+ Gold PSU - 1x2 TB WD Black M.2 SSD. - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit- Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals- TrackIR v5 - Sony 4K 75" TV Monitor - Modified Obutto OZone Cockpit.

Is it with all AC or just certain ones? Reason why I am asking is my stock AC work fine, but I am having problems controlling my Piper (Just Flight) AC, similar problems to yours. I would also disable any mods you have to see if that helps.
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Is it with all AC or just certain ones? Reason why I am asking is my stock AC work fine, but I am having problems controlling my Piper (Just Flight) AC, similar problems to yours. I would also disable any mods you have to see if that helps.

It is the same with the Baron and the Cessna 172. There are no mods.

It is the same with the Baron and the Cessna 172. When I try to calibrate the Ailerons the White Line that shows it is correctly calibrated does not center up. The white line does not go all the way across to the right.

Just to confirm…. you have tried calibrating it with the Windows JOY.CPL ? (Not within flight sim)

If not, press the windows key and type joy.cpl. - the calibration box should pop up. From there you can select the yoke and follow the instructions.

If this doesn’t work…. maybe unplug the yoke and try a different USB socket.

Is the yoke still under warranty? If not… as a last resort, there is a secret calibration menu within the yoke itself. I’ve never tried it myself but there are plenty of clips on YouTube explaining how to do it.

You have to press the switches in a certain way to activate it. But as I say.. last resort

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Just to confirm…. you have tried calibrating it with the Windows JOY.CPL ? (Not within flight sim)

If not, press the windows key and type joy.cpl. - the calibration box should pop up. From there you can select the yoke and follow the instructions.

If this doesn’t work…. maybe unplug the yoke and try a different USB socket.

Is the yoke still under warranty? If not… as a last resort, there is a secret calibration menu within the yoke itself. I’ve never tried it myself but there are plenty of clips on YouTube explaining how to do it.

You have to press the switches in a certain way to activate it. But as I say.. last resort

Regards

Steve

Well, after doing all you have suggested it is no better. I guess it is time to try sending it back or buy a new one.

Is it still under warranty? There’s always the hidden calibration option. Might be an idea to get in touch with Honeycomb and ask what they would suggest.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Well, this situation gets stranger all the day long. I hooked up my Virpil Stick and throttles that I use to fly the F-18 with. Even though it shows the throttles correctly calibrated in Control Options the throttle does not work at all. The ailerons work correctly. But, the elevators do not. Something weird is going on here.

Is it still under warranty? There’s always the hidden calibration option. Might be an idea to get in touch with Honeycomb and ask what they would suggest.

Regards

Steve

I tried the hidden calibration. No Joy.

Although we still don’t know what the issue is.. we know the yoke probably isn’t faulty.

How did it respond when you did the calibration in windows (not in the sim) did it appear to be ok? If so then we can narrow it down to the sim.

Regards

Steve

I was able to adjust the Virpil throttle to get full power and afterburner. The stick seems to be fine now I can fly the F-18 and the Cessna 172 with no problem.

I am wondering if the last update did anything. I have only used the Virpil throttle and stick since the first Maverick update. Normally I use the Virpil controls with IL-2.

Edited by MadMav24

Have you tried the alphas internal calibration. ?

Haven't got a link to hand at the moment, but there's instructions on their website and some vids on you tube

Yes, that is the hidden calibration.

Although we still don’t know what the issue is.. we know the yoke probably isn’t faulty.

How did it respond when you did the calibration in windows (not in the sim) did it appear to be ok? If so then we can narrow it down to the sim.

Regards

Steve

I tried the windows calibration and it appeared fine.

I finally got the yoke calibrated properly, small wonder.

Good to know! Please share what you did to fix this so that it might help others out in the future!

I used the Windows JOY.CPL (Not within the flight Sim). When the calibration box appeared I pushed the YOKE all the way in and pulled it all the way out. I then rotated the Yoke all the way to the right and then all the way to the left. I then made sure I pushed the FINISH button to complete the calibration. I had never used this tool before so it took a couple of times to do it correctly.

Now the calibration in the sim works correctly.

Hope this helps,

Mav.

Glad it’s working again :)

Regards

Steve