Compass visibility

I mainly fly low and slow prop singles and would like to be able to reference the compass, problem is in all the aircraft I fly the compass is simply unreadable even if I zoom in its always dark and indistinct.

Is it just my setup or is this just how it is?

P.S. Thanks for letting me in:)

I mainly fly low and slow prop singles and would like to be able to reference the compass, problem is in all the aircraft I fly the compass is simply unreadable even if I zoom in its always dark and indistinct.

Is it just my setup or is this just how it is?

P.S. Thanks for letting me in:)

I too fly the same way, however :)

I plan my routes with a LOT of waypoints, taking me over various parts of a city that I am flying in, looking at the sights. I am usually 1,000 AGL, set the autopilot and just relax.

Just a thought :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I too fly the same way, however :)

I plan my routes with a LOT of waypoints, taking me over various parts of a city that I am flying in, looking at the sights. I am usually 1,000 AGL, set the autopilot and just relax.

Just a thought :)

What's an autopilot?;)

how is the compass on aircraft you fly in MSFS?, is it readable

Which aircraft? On some, like the 152, the compass at the top center of the windscreen is hard to see. I usually just go out to external camera mode which clearly brings up all the various pertinent info. Compass, speed, trim, flaps etc. I dedicate a button on my joystck and yoke to that quick function.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Which aircraft?...pretty much everything I fly which is light GA, mainly Bush aircraft like the Cubs, Kitfox etc and sometimes stuff like the Carenado 337.

They are all unreadable to me, seems to me its partly due to the awfull 'eye adaption' implementation as most of the aircraft I fly have the com[as just above the coaming and so the effect comes into play and darkens the interior as you look in that direction.