Sim Update X is available

Happy to report the updates went quite smoothly and quickly. With my internet connection it took just under 10 minutes for the main update and then about 4-5 minutes for the 14 package updates I found in the Profile-Content Manager. A couple quickie varied test flights showed all to seem to be working just fine and dandy.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I was ready to install it at 4pm.. but my the MS Store wasn’t behaving. Probably my own fault. Two or three weeks ago I decided to do a full reinstall.. Win 11.. MSFS..everything, only the MS Store didn’t seem quite right. I had obviously done something wrong.

So.. I have just reinstalled Windows again! Only Win 10 so far, but I shall take my time with all the updates.. then install MSFS when ready. It’s my weekend now so I’ve got a day or two :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Smooth landing! no problem downloading and installing, it took me 20 minutes in my slow connection but the end result its great. Excellent test flight with my favorite plane F-35b!! BTW has anyone found any benefit of the additional window on multiple monitors? Edited by valero

20 minutes with a slow connection? I have a somewhat fast connection. Yes it took around 20 minutes to download. But I'm a bit over 3 hours and still decompressing with a bit more than 2 GiB still to go. BTW, I'm on Steam so maybe that's the reason. It just seems a bit ridiculous that it's taking so long. Must be rewriting the entire game.

It took me over an hour. The first two gigs were super fast, but once the MSFS loaded and started updating, it was an hour later. The ingame updates (8 of them) took less then 10 minutes.

Performance wise, no issues, I did find that while using VR and the drone camera, the movement is a lot faster and appears to be smoother.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

“I did find that while using VR and the drone camera, the movement is a lot faster and appears to be smoother”

That’s great news David. I’m looking forward to trying for myself. I have re-installed Windows.. all updates.. next MSFS :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

All good here in Ontario, Canada.

Downloaded and installed in about 30 minutes (including Content Manager updates).

A few flights and the Landing Challenge completed with no issues.

Thank you MS & Asobo.

My system specs:

W10 64 Bit OEM Version 2004 (19041.685)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E; 32GB RAM

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700KF 8-Core/8-Thread Processor

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super, 8GB

Peripherals: CH Flight Sim Yoke

So far so good, about 20-30 minutes for install of update and things do seem to run smoother even with VR. So a pretty smooth update it seems.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

Don't forget that there are also a number of updates in the content manager and if you want to use dx12 effectively, you will need to download the latest nvidia studio driver as the game ready driver has not been released.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I have had to MSFS2020 shutdowns when I attempted fullscreen view from within windows so for now I am in windowed mode but as wide as it will go. Message said GPU overheating. Will be testing further.

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

I have had to MSFS2020 shutdowns when I attempted fullscreen view from within windows so for now I am in windowed mode but as wide as it will go. Message said GPU overheating. Will be testing further.

I use https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html CPUID HW Monitor when I was seeing where my overheating issues were coming from.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

All gone well here so far. It took a while to reinstall everything but it’s all working now. Like others have said, it does seem to be a bit smoother now in VR.

I’ve also had a dabble with the “experimental” multi-screen option. It was a little tricky adding extra windows and moving them around but so far is ok. I need to test it a bit more.

Regards

Steve

No issues on this end either. Updated without a hitch,

I am a triple monitor user and have been waiting patiently for this update since day 1. I am happy to say that I have had several trouble-free flights, one of them close to 3 hours long. I still have some minor tweaking to get the monitors where I want them, but what I have seen so far is just short of amazing.

I used 3 monitors in FSX (still do actually) for a number of years now and I am really pleased with the first attempt in this new sim.

Hal

(Spelling corrections)

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

my machine started running badly, frames rates down low, and then it would shut down. Finnally figured out that my water cooler on the processor was bad. Ordered a new radiator and fan, and running very well. I had noticed a slight drop in performace as the original water cooler was failing (That is my guess) but when I changed it....it is running 39+40 temps when in flight.

Hobbitrocks

Good update, the only thing running at full bells and whistles in DX12 is the NVIDIA Gforce RX 3070 as a few stutters, however, that will be addressed in the next NVIDIA Gfore driver update, out soon..... I'm happy at last when scanning the cockpit controls and cockpit windows in pilot view, they no longer act like a camera and more or less white out the window view in the transition, it now acts like the human eye...... in DX11 all's good this end.....

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

I use https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html CPUID HW Monitor when I was seeing where my overheating issues were coming from.

thx,@davidc2, I had forgotten I already have that one on the computer.

Happy to report the updates went quite smoothly and quickly. With my internet connection it took just under 10 minutes for the main update and then about 4-5 minutes for the 14 package updates I found in the Profile-Content Manager. A couple quickie varied test flights showed all to seem to be working just fine and dandy.

I am having a strange issue since installing update 10. The game loads, I can open world map, choose my airports (departure and arrival), hit fly. The game will go to the next screen but when I click on fly there the game crashes to the desktop.

Flight sim ran perfect on my computer before this update.

I am running Windows 10 64 bit (my system is not win11 compatible) and nvidia GTX 980 TI 6GB video card.

I have updated win10, I am running the latest nvidia game driver available, uninstalled the flight sim including removing the packages from the users file and reinstalled the game, reset the options to default including all controllers, I even went through and checked the drivers for the controllers. The game still crashes. I am at a loss. I love the game and play every night up till I installed this update 2 nights ago.

If anyone has any ideas to help me figure this out I would sure appreciate it.

The update itself went without a hitch for me, but the DX12+DLSS caused blurred gauges and screens on my system (with the latest nVidia Studio driver) so I reverted to DX11+TAA and the previous Game Ready driver.

I also couldn't stand the way that digital readouts, such as Altitude, would fade out and become unreadable while being adjusted/selected and would only fade back in when I stopped adjusting/selecting them. I've been using digital watches & clocks etc. since the 1970's and I've never seen a display fade out while being adjusted - as far as I know, LED's are either on or off.

The embedded WT G1000NXi seems to have caught a few aircraft modders out, I've had to update four aircraft mods myself so that the sim doesn't freeze or CTD while launching, or while loading a flight.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I too accidently installed the latest Nvidia Studio Driver (517.40) thinking it was the updated Game Ready Driver. Fired up the simulator with SU 10 installed but found the cockpit shaking badly in VR and artifacts galore. It almost made me sick and was completely unplayable. I reverted back to the newest Game Ready Driver (516.94) and now the artifacts are gone but the cockpit still shakes, although not near as violently, but it is playable. There was never any cockpit shaking before SU 10 update with the 516.94 Game Ready Driver. Does anyone else have this happen in VR after SU 10 update? Any suggestions. I am using Windows 11.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I too accidently installed the latest Nvidia Studio Driver (517.40) thinking it was the updated Game Ready Driver. Fired up the simulator with SU 10 installed but found the cockpit shaking badly in VR and artifacts galore. It almost made me sick and was completely unplayable. I reverted back to the newest Game Ready Driver (516.94) and now the artifacts are gone but the cockpit still shakes, although not near as violently, but it is playable. There was never any cockpit shaking before SU 10 update with the 516.94 Game Ready Driver. Does anyone else have this happen in VR after SU 10 update? Any suggestions. I am using Windows 11.

The only problem I had was when I tried using DX12, had a CTD, went back to DX11.

Well, I also had some bad artifacts with the DLSS set to max settings, could not switch it fast enough. No cockpit shaking though

I found that MSFS loads more quickly after the update. Previously it took about three and one half to four minutes to load. Now it takes two and one half minutes. Not complaining.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

Is there a difference between the Game Ready driver and the standard ones? Just wondering which one I should be using??

Is there a difference between the Game Ready driver and the standard ones? Just wondering which one I should be using??

The simple dichotomy is: if you are primarily a gamer and want to keep up with new game releases, use the Game Ready drivers. Game Ready Drivers deliver the best experience for your favourite games, are finely tuned in collaboration with developers and are extensively tested across thousands of desktop and laptop hardware configurations for maximum performance and reliability.

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

The simple dichotomy is: if you are primarily a gamer and want to keep up with new game releases, use the Game Ready drivers. Game Ready Drivers deliver the best experience for your favourite games, are finely tuned in collaboration with developers and are extensively tested across thousands of desktop and laptop hardware configurations for maximum performance and reliability.

So just to double check, Game Ready driver is 516.94. Studio Driver is 517.40? Thanks for this, I keep reading from people, in fb forums (not as reliable or polite as here) about the 517.40 and how stupid you are if you have not got it! I cannot find it on the Nvidia page and yet my sim is going fantastically well! Thanks very much.