AFCAD Aircraft Radius (Aircraft Editor) challenge - not keeping radius settings

Qballbandit

Hello all,

On a WIN10 system, I am having some challenges with various aircraft not keeping radius settings.

I have added numerous new aircraft, and I am updating gate assignments at all my airports based on these new aircraft. I have a few planes where after modding an airport in AFCAD (adjusting gate/parking radius; adding/subtracting parking spots), their unique aircraft radius settings change values. I see this when checking them in the Tools/Aircraft Editor. So, I need to frequently re-adjust the numbers after airport related edits. When I do this, I'll see two specific planes acting very froggy. For instance I have a Delta & American 737-800W. When I change one planes radius, the other one also changes to the same value. This whacks parking assignments when I check the airport in FS9.

I also notice a few other planes unique radius settings will occasionally change values after airport modifications, so again, I need to re-edit them in the Aircraft editor.

This happens in ADMIN mode or not. What would cause values to get corrupted? Better still, why would two aircraft be mysteriously linked so when one changes, so does the other?

Anyone seen this? Worked your way to a cure? Makes my airport mods take twice as long as they should, because I am so often having to reset AFCAD/TOOLS/AE radius values for these planes.

Thanks very much,

Neil

Edited by Qballbandit

I believe the aircraft radius is stored in the MDL file, so it stands to reason that if you alter one, you alter all of that type.

You would need separate MDL files for each aircraft if you want to set them at differing sizes. But surely it is better to use parking codes?

I really don't recommend using AFCAD2 these days, it is horrendously outdated and can damage airport files that have features it doesn't recognise. Consider using AFX or ADE for your airport modifications.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!