Jan's King Air in Oregon

Rupert

I know there's a ton of new posters and viewers who've shown up after the the newest Microsoft flight sim came out. But this forum precedes that flight sim's opening by decades. One of our most frequent posters over many years was Jan Peerhoven who lived and posted from his home in an actual RW tram station in Brussels. I haven't seen hide nor hair of postings him for some months. But I pray he is still doing well!

I on a regular basis "borrowed" various aircraft from Jan's "hanger." So in the hopes than Jan will see this, I'll post a recent flight in his Green King Air to where I've had the experience of flying real world into in a Cessna and driven to more than once in my Miata.

We're going from 2S7 Cohiloquin State airport which is the home airport of another of our long term posters Phantom Tweak and his wife Ms Ghost. As an old RW USMC fixed wing and Ch-34 and CH-46 pilot during Vietnam, I was thrilled to spend time with them where they lived when I visited with them. Pat suffered a 100% disability while serving in the USMC at Yuma Arizona and she has suffered several issues herself but neither of them ever lost their positive point of view. They were burned out of their home in Oregon a couple of years ago and I've not been able to regain contact. But I pray they are still doing as well as possible!

I hope you enjoy this the views from this "old world" sim.

Michael

2.jpg

3 Climbout.jpg

4 Turn to Crater Lake.jpg

5 Crater Lake ahead.jpg

6 Crossing Crater Lake.jpg

7 Over the valley near MFR.jpg

8 Gear Down on Fiinal.jpg

9 A little High!.jpg

10 Rollout.jpg

11 Dead and ready to Off-load.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Great job on this post Michael. :cool:

Jan is still alive and doing well. I'm Facebook friends with him & Bianca. I haven't been around here either for a long long time because I have had my computer system issues fixed until recently, and my real-world job demands almost ALL of my time. (sadly not joking)

I know Jan will enjoy this post when he sees it. :D -Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Great job on this post Michael. :cool:

Jan is still alive and doing well. I'm Facebook friends with him & Bianca. I haven't been around here either for a long long time because I have had my computer system issues fixed until recently, and my real-world job demands almost ALL of my time. (sadly not joking)

I know Jan will enjoy this post when he sees it. :D -Glenn

Thanks for the info Glenn! I just hope Jan remembers I'll fly her home to him if he'll just give me a current credit card to pay for the fuel. That plane really sucks it up!:eek::eek:

• 2 weeks later...
Jan is NOT amused at all you hear! :mad: I could not post here because it took me months to find and collect all my so called borrowed planes from all over the world! PAH! Oh, and I live in Amsterdam, and NOT in Brussels Belgium you hear! Our friend JanKees lives in Belgium. TSK! And if you ever lay a finger on one of my precious planes again, you´ll experience a festival of old fashioned nose punches!:mad: Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice shots Rupert

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Hey Jan I'm sorry I forgot about you being in Amsterdam. That may be part of why I haven't been able to bring your Green King Air home. Though basically it's because those older King Airs are so fuel thirsty!! :eek: On more than one occasion I've had to borrow fuel from other aircraft to keep it fueled and flying!!

Having said that, my offer is still good. Loan me a current credit card and I'll fly your King Air home, wherever it is you live at that time.

Michael