Track IR not centreing

I have two aircraft purchased from MSFS marketplace. I cannot get Track IR to centre when using either of these aircraft. The panels are always to the left of the screen, so you are seeing the panel as if you were crammed into the right-hand side of the fuselage. As a result, the aircraft are unflyable. There is no problem when flying with the stock aircraft; the problem is only with the two from the marketplace. My conclusion is that there is nothing wrong with Track IR and that the problem is with the marketplace aircraft. I use F12 to centre and nothing else is mapped to F12. It seems to be a problem peculiar to the marketplace aircraft, and I would appreciate if anyone knows of a solution to this.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

The Marketplace aircraft all have their files encrypted, so we can't edit them ourselves - however there are two other options:

Search for the two aircraft on flightsim.to, there may be a "Better Cameras" mod for them by Archer374.

Report this issue to the developers of the aircraft, they may be able to fix it or suggest a workaround.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Search for the two aircraft on flightsim.to, there may be a "Better Cameras" mod for them by Archer374.

Thanks for that. I had not heard of this before. One of the problem aircraft is the MS P51 D 'Man O War' from the Reno races. I applied the Better Cameras modified camera.cfg file but it does not work. However, in Content Manager for the P 51 is a note "ORBX Generic Instruments 0.1.13" is required. I googled that and found that others had the same problem, but no one seems to know what this Generic Instruments thing is. The other aircraft affected is the Top Rudder ultra-light from Marketplace but it is not listed with Better Cameras and it does not have the Generic Instruments note in Content Manager. I have the offset to the left whether I have Track IR on or not, so it is definitely in the package. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

Orbx don't know what "ORBX Generic Instruments 0.1.13" is either, they advise reporting the issue to Microsoft and provide a link to Microsoft Support in this thread: https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/211240-question-what-is-orbx-generic-instruments-version-0113/

You could also email TrackIR support at: support@naturalpoint.com

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks again. I have sent an email to Natural Point and will let you know their response when I get it. In the meantime, is anyone else having these problems? It would help to know because it may just be something peculiar to my set-up.

Natural Point have responded to my query (their technical support is first rate) and they agree that it is with the aircraft package and they state that they have not heard of this problem before. I find it curious that, judging by the lack of response to my query in this forum, no one else has had the problem. Has anyone else downloaded either of these aircraft without problem? I have submitted a request to zendesk so we will see what happens now.

One guy on the official forums has the same issue with the P51 and has made a short video of it: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/several-issues-with-the-p-51ds-reno-package-planes/507652

One guy on the official forums has the same issue with the P51 and has made a short video of it: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/several-issues-with-the-p-51ds-reno-package-planes/507652
Yes, that is similar. I can use the keyboard arrow keys to bring the panel into the centre of the screen, then it does something similar to what is in the video. In my case, it not only goes outside the cockpit but then changes orientation. Zendesk has responded to my query but it didn't offer a solution so I will go back to them. Meanwhile, I am not bothering attempting to fly the aircraft as it is so frustrating. Interestingly enough, the Top Rudder ultralight is OK once I use the arrow key to bring it back to centre.

Here's something that might fix the pilot centering problem. I've used the following to fine tune the default pilot position when using either TIR or VR. Regardless to what was mentioned above, there are user editable configuration files for all aircraft in MSFS. I've changed both stock and marketplace aircraft files using this technique. An aircraft's default pilot head position can be changed by editing the appropriate entry in its cameras.cfg file. An example of where to find a specific aircraft's cameras.cfg file:

(your install's location)\Official\OneStore\carenado-aircraft-c337-skymaster\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado_C337_Skymaster\cameras.cfg

To change the default pilot position, under the file's [CAMERADEFINITION] section that is titled 'Title="Pilot"' edit this entry:

InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.25

the first value (x) is side to side, the second (y) up and down, the last (z) is front to back. Units are approximately meters, larger values move right, up, closer to instrument panel. I comment out the original line by putting a ; before it before editing a copy of the original line. Here's an example:

;InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.25

InitialXyz = -0.3, 0.62, 0.4

As usual, it's best to save a backup copy of the file before making any changes. Also, for VR there is a PilotVR section in this file that only effects the pilot position for VR. There is no need to change the PilotVR section unless you're using VR. What is nice is that changing this file is a one time only operation, though downloaded updates to the aircraft many revert the file to its original contents. Hope this solves the issues your having.

Edited by TheFamilyMan

Rod O.

MSFS or BUST!: i7 10700k @ 4.9Ghz, 2x16GB DDR4 @ 4000 cas 16, evga RTX 3080 ti FTW III