Fort St John CYXJ

Roger Wensley

My enthusiasm for making more scenery for FS9 seems to have faded away, but I will probably be making one more. Fort St John CYXJ is in northern BC, Canada, close to the border with Alberta. I am writing this here in the forum so that I will then (hopefully?) actually finish it in October instead of just wishing that I had finished it while doing sweet nothing.

Bad news, but I can understand it well. Turn it any way you want, interest in FS9 is steadily declining and becoming a fringe like its predecessors. This has already been treated umpteen times.

In any case, you've deservedly been mentioned as "remberering pioneers". You can be proud of that. Unfortunately, those citations still as a kind of "swan song" of FS9...

So who will be the last of the Mohicans?

Thanks for all and Good Luck, Roger.

Bernard

Oh, I looked at the early pages of "remembering pioneers" and agreed about those named but hadn't got as far as my name. The early guys were really putting in an effort with the software available. I just happened to get into it as the easy-to-use SceneGenX became available. That was made by Tom Who? I don't remember and he deserves a mention.

My enthusiasm for making more scenery for FS9 seems to have faded away, but I will probably be making one more. Fort St John CYXJ is in northern BC, Canada, close to the border with Alberta. I am writing this here in the forum so that I will then (hopefully?) actually finish it in October instead of just wishing that I had finished it while doing sweet nothing.

I’ve downloaded a lot of your scenery. I’m only getting into the Canadian scenery now especially with all the Holger, Glacier Bay etc stuff as well.

I’ve barely scratched the surface. So I’m looking forward to continuing my adventures using many of your airports. Your contribution to FS2004 is very much appreciated!

Have you considered a completely new region / country to work on?

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the outstanding scenery you have you have produced over the years, in my opinion you certainly deserve a spot on the Pioneers list.I have most of your Canadian scenery. I was pleasanty suprised to discover your Carribean area scenery, I've installed most of them also.

As I live in Windsor,your southern Ontario sceneries are some of my favourites.I was eagerly waiting for your version of CYQG,however the closest you got was Essex.So close and yet so far!I am currently using the Barnicoat version of Windsor airport; cyqg_windsor_-_gavin_barnicoat.zip. While it represents the airport reasonably well, it has become seriously out of date. There have been several new hangers built as well as a major taxiway added.For some reason they've decided to put a solar farm just off the east end of runway 25!

I wonder if I might put in a request for your version of CYQG?I was unable to find a decent video of the aiport but then Windsor is the armpit of Ontario after all.I went this route instead of PM ing you as I hope to elicte some peer pressure on you to remain with us for some time yet!You do very good work,I appreciate it , and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it in the future!

Well I am now sitting on a small mountain in Asia so nothing can be ruled out, but to tell the truth (or something close to it anyway) starting more scenery in a new area is unlikely to get off the ground (Haha!). And I have never been to Windsor, except the one in England that is constantly on television right now. I was going to write that I have never been to Quesnel either, but I have a very vague memory that maybe I was there; however, I have no pics or video so...... Edited by Roger Wensley

• 2 weeks later...