Game of the year edition ?

I took a look into the discussion forums on Steam for MSFS. Which was a mistake as there is a lot of confusion and ranting there. Which I will spare all of you by not sharing. But one item came out of a discussion on the pricing of MSFS. It there a Game fo the Year edition of MSFS? For possibly a slightly reduced price? And it might have some new content?

I will stick to coming here for questions and talking to the experts. I promise!

It certainly wouldn’t be at a reduced price. More likely to put it up if anything.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I just looked around a bit. And I'm not totally sure but I think it is a label that they put on the XBOX edition. But very confusing.

Their GOTY editions were released late November last year on both Steam/PC and XB editions for all three versions previously released (Standard, Deluxe, Premium Deluxe). Long story short, the GOTY editions just offered more aircraft, detailed airports, and I believe discovery flights than were available at the time prior to last November.

Now of course you will have the GOTY edition with all of the World Updates since WU7 last November. It was just classic Microsoft marketing to try and get more buyers who had previously been sitting on the fence on a purchase. This link from that time frame last year of WU7 explains it:

https://msfsaddons.com/2021/11/18/msfs-game-of-the-year-edition-is-now-available-along-with-sim-update-7/

I'd recommend checking out the official MSFS forums (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/) for information as a Steam forum for information is like going to a Reddit thread for a recipe on how to best cook a steak - it's a digital food fight, heh.

Edited by N069NT
i7 11700K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS Z590-Plus TUF Gaming, Noctua NH-D15, 2x16GB G.SKILL TridentZ 4000, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, Super Flower 850W, SilverStone Redline SST-RL06 PRO case, Samsung 980 2TB M.2 (OS/MSFS), Gigabyte Aorus 48" OLED 4K 120Hz + LG 32" UN32650-W 4K monitors, Logitech Yoke + throttle + CH Pro Pedals

Nope, no special edition. MS slapped that name on one of their updates a few months ago.

Of course, MSFS will be slapped once again around November and be called...

40th Anniversary Edition

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro