I Bought FSX Steam edition for the second time in my life, and...

Minas Man

It doesn't work.:confused::mad: Windows 10 refuse to load this game. I launch in steam. The "completing setup Generating scenery file pop up comes on. Another pop up comes up saying "Do you want to run this software?" At times I say yes, and other times I say "No". It doesn't matter. I choose my aircraft, location, etc, and press "fly-now". Then the screen goes Black, with a big cursor in the middle of it. I wait, and wait. Nothing happens. I sat up all night, exploring You-Tube videos. Nothing helps. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, in advance.

Reginald.:confused:

Steam can verify the integrity of your game files:

Restart your PC.

Launch the Steam client.

Navigate to the Library section. This is one of the tabs found at the top and should show you your list of games.

From the Library section, right click on the game you’re having an issue with and select Properties.

Under the Properties menu, select the Local Files tab at the top.

Select Verify integrity of game files.

Wait for Steam to check the status of your game files and repair them automatically.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hello, Tiger, and thanks for replying. The thing is, I already tried that. It verified everything, but when I tried to run the game, the same thing happened again :(

And on top of that, now the steam launcher isn't working properly. I tried to run another game and suddenly, it's crashing too. That game (Euro Truck Simulator) NEVER crashed.

Edited by Mina's Man

Is your antivirus blocking the FSX.exe and the Euro Truck Simulator .exe? Add them both to your antivirus exceptions list and see what happens.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

A big black screen with a 'big'cursor in the middle looks to me like a graphical issue. What happens when you press ALT-Enter? Are your display drivers up to date? Do you have a seperate FSX section in your NVidia settings screen, try to reset it to 'default....' Is your FSX.CFG complete? Is your scenery.cfg present in C:\ProgramData\ \ \ FSX folder? These things can be pretty annoying. I bought UTX USA 8 years ago, it took me 6 month's to solve the 'Scenery.cfg not found'message. Turned out I had a double FSX (boxed and Steam) entry in the registry where only 1 was needed. Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Cant you perform a complete uninstall of FSX Steam and do a reinstall. Still not sure why you would buy FSX Steam twice?? Surely your one account can be used indefinitely?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Check if all traces of your previous FSX SE have been removed, that is all files, folders anywhere on yr computer. Delete all previous FSX entries (both 'boxed' and 'steam') in yr registry. Try to avoid C:\ProgramFiles(X86) when reinstalling, I created a 'FSX' folder in my 'SteamApps' folder myself and had my FSX SE install there. But first make sure that your PC is free of any previous FSX files, try reinstalling in 'Windows Safe mode' and disable any anti-virus before reinstalling. If it still won't run it could be a 'hardware' issue (lose contact somewhere)... Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg