I stand corrected! FS9 modern AI paints...

Qballbandit

Hello,

I felt it correct to offer an apology to the many talented people who create the planes we operate, or watch operate.

In a couple of posts over the last few months I made mention of not having enough modern AI paints available - specifically North American airlines. I was in dire need to "update" my circa 2010 fleet to modern liveries and post-merger models and appropriate dress.

I finally took the plunge, and after a lot of browsing around many forums, found most everything I need. Felt rather foolish, and should know better after all of these years, to do my due-diligence before saying things don't exist.

I sincerely thank all of the talent who create and provide the fruits to those of us who don't, but love to fly your planes.

Happy as a kid in a candy store to have most everything up to date! :)

Warm regards,

Neil

You'd be surprised.

You can actually convert FSX DDS files into FS9 BMP ones. I've done so many, although it's a bit addicting sometimes converting every single one, like JetBlue or Frontier... See here.

https://web.archive.org/web/20181020034931/http://kaese2002.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

Oh, and if there's no alpha channels available, you can skip the "import alpha" part, and then last step, save as DXT1: no alpha.

Carlos Si

Carlos, for those that may find converting a bit out of their depth, can you not upload your paints for them to use?

Col.

If the original paints are from somebody else I don't think that would be proper as the original author retains the rights to it. He could try to get permission though.

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Carlos, for those that may find converting a bit out of their depth, can you not upload your paints for them to use?

Col.

If the original paints are from somebody else I don't think that would be proper as the original author retains the rights to it. He could try to get permission though.

Heh, actually I sure could. I know the FS9 community would appreciate it. I'm just a pretty epic procrastinator. I've got a /ton/ of FS9 converted AI files... I certainly would need to check with the author. Most are from Kyles Ai Works, though I'm pretty sure that's not all as many of his things are also for FS9. Juergen, UTT, hmm..

I know biggest ones I've done are Jetblue, frontier, norwegian... and a few miscellaneous repaints. Fair warning the quality is not as great but it's an 8/10. You'll love having it.

Let me see what I could do. I'll probably contact them first, look for which files actually need to be uploaded, and then upload when once I get the chance.

Ok I've reached out to them, now I wait.

Edited by TheRedBadger
Carlos Si

Yes you are right, I never thought when I posted you had converted someone else's work so you would need their permission to upload and it could be a pain contacting them asking.

Some might agree as long as you gave them credit for the original paint but I can understand others saying no.

I must admit I've often seen a nice paint then realised it was an FSX instead of FS9 same with aircraft models too, as you know a lot of FS9 will work in FSX but not the other way round.

Col.