Some AI just for fun!

leuen

Sometimes it also would challenging to let move other kinds of "stearable" objects than aircraft. Here some of them:

The bald eagle flying around Mt. Rushmore

52243268979_60c987989d_b.jpg

Hot air balloons (are only shown while using an other AI ...)

52242008522_cd644b0bae_b.jpg

Alvis Stalwart does trips at Antarctica between McMurdo airfield and base

52243481050_ed24be2674_b.jpg

A French Citroen Deux Cheveaux travels between the city of Bordeaux and its airport Merignac. On the way there, it drives through a gasoil station.

52243271714_70e7725f50_b.jpg

Such little addons like this above can sometimes be very tedious, but the final satisfaction is all the greater. And which other flight simulators offer so many possibilities to create oneself all kind of scenes? So let us be proud while having fun with what we do for and with FS9.

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...

I've sailed ships before and one time I did drive around but the driving wasn't that good as a lot of the roads just end so you can't do a proper route, you have to drive through trees and buildings which as you know spoils it.

As for the sailing, that was OK but the sea lacks the proper wave movement and the ships tend to look like they are on a solid mass not water.

I understand the sim isn't made for things like this as it is for flying but just adding what I found.

You're absolutely right. Let vehicles driving as AI need flattened terrains. In some way that also is the case for ships. Water surfaces might be flat in coastal areas, but as more you will go away, the sea could be quite wavy. I did this experience along Long Island coast.

Bernard