Manually install Just Flight VFR scenery

Miggers

Having a bit of a mare TBH.

I know it's basically a computer problem I have(everything is started and running as it should),the Just Flight installer/set-up

isn't being allowed to run( remote procedure call failure).

I've tried using "administrator" and compatibility modes,my C drive is Windows 7 ,my D drive(where FS9 is)is XP

and tried all the "fixes" out there on t'internet all to no avail.

I've tried the old copy the set up to the desktop trick,still get an RPC failure.

So,here we are,is it possible to copy all the files off the discs(there's three)and install it all manually?

It's Just Flight VFR Photographic Scenery Vol.3,East and South East England(I already have volumes 1&2 installed and running).

HHHEEELLPPP please.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

It's definitely the system Tiger,the discs are ok.

I tried one of the other VFR discs I have and FS9's disc,same result,remote procedure call failure.

I'm thinking make a new folder on the D drive,copy the contents of all three discs into it and see if it'll run from there.

Edited by Miggers

It's definitely the system Tiger,the discs are ok.

In that case it could be a registry issue; have a read through this article and try some of the fixes, especially the command prompt "sfc /scannow" one:

https://www.articlecube.com/how-fix-%E2%80%9C-remote-procedure-call-failed%E2%80%9D-error-windows-7-and-windows-vista-computers#:~:text=%20How%20to%20Fix%20%E2%80%9CThe%20Remote%20Procedure%20Call,%E2%80%98Command%20Prompt%E2%80%99%20window.%207%20Hit%20%E2%80%98Enter.%E2%80%99%20More%20

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

. . . or do an internet search for "remote procedure call failed", there are lots of pages discussing how to fix this. Just beware any suggestions to download some sort of file that would fix it - you don't know where they have been.

Far better to fix the computer than trying to find a workaround.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

. . . or do an internet search for "remote procedure call failed", there are lots of pages discussing how to fix this. Just beware any suggestions to download some sort of file that would fix it - you don't know where they have been.

Far better to fix the computer than trying to find a workaround.

John

Tried all the fixes they recommend John,still no joy. It's almost as though something has blocked

the CD drive from operating,it's running,but won't install anything from a CD. If it's something I've downloaded or a file already on my PC with an installer/set-up programme then it's fine,that'll run with no problems at all.

The RPC is starting and running as it should,but anything on a CD just can't communicate with it.

It's almost as though something has blocked

the CD drive from operating,it's running,but won't install anything from a CD.

Microsoft disabled the Securom security (secdrv.sys) for game install discs years ago, but they published a workaround for it:

type the following commands at an elevated command prompt. You should press Enter after you type each command.

To disable the driver's service, type the following command: sc config secdrv start= disabled

To set the driver's service to manual, type the following command: sc config secdrv start= demand

To enable the driver's service (and to set it to automatic), type the following command: sc config secdrv start=auto

To manually start the driver's service, type the following command: sc start secdrv

To manually stop the driver's service, type the following command: sc stop secdrv

It might be worthwhile contacting Just Flight … they provided me with a fix/workaround for their "Flying Club" package so's I could set it up under W10.

My scenery discs are the Visual Flight issue, so possibly different. Certainly East & South-east England is vol1, not vol3!

It might be worthwhile contacting Just Flight … they provided me with a fix/workaround for their "Flying Club" package so's I could set it up under W10.

My scenery discs are the Visual Flight issue, so possibly different. Certainly East & South-east England is vol1, not vol3!

Good idea Chris,and you are correct,it is actually volume 1:confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Had a chat with JF,they couldn't help either.

However,there is a bit of kit out there that can do the deed.

It's called "Utility 22",primarily aimed at trainsimmers having similar problems with JF scenery.

It'll unpack every thing on the discs and allow you to install manually.