Newbie trying to add an aircraft package

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to FS2020 and downloaded a PA-24 Comanche package by Ron Prindle and think I have installed it correctly in the Community folder.

The plane shows up and can be selected for flights, but I cannot figure out how to (a) start the engine or (b) view the panel. The standard keyboard commands of Ctrl-E to start and END keys do not produce any result.

Is this because the package is not compatible with FS2020, or did I install it wrong, or ... ?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Would also appreciate any suggestions for other single engine, complex planes with analog gauges.

JR

MSFS 2020 requires that all aircraft be specifically created for it. Planes made for other flight sims, like FSX, will not work. Is your PA-24 an MSFS2020 product? Edited by chicagorandy

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

• 8 months later...

Joel, Funny I just read your comment here and yesterday this event happened to me.  Can you check something for me?  Yesterday I bought up one of my Piper airplanes and could not start the engine here in FSX.  A few minutes past and I had to check my fuel tank levels and found…. The last airplane I flew was one (like most Cessna’s) the fuel selection last, was set on ALL.  Piper does not have an ALL setting and a simple check of the window that displays a large selector will automatically move the centered (unselected) position to the default LEFT tank. I closed the selector window and the Control-E command started the engine.  Was this the same in your case?   Ron P.