AI Traffic Question

btbenoit

It depends on a number of things....

If the scenery is made up of only a .bgl file then the first option in your list is suitable...

If the scenery has dedicated textures files (.bmp, .dds etc) then it may be prudent to use the second option...note however that textures files must be placed in a texture sub folder (eg scenery\texture or scenery>***airport***>texture - if they are placed in the scenery sub folder they will not be displayed...

Regards

Brian

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on a number of things....

If the scenery is made up of only a .bgl file then the first option in your list is suitable...

If the scenery has dedicated textures files (.bmp, .dds etc) then it may be prudent to use the second option...note however that textures files must be placed in a texture sub folder (eg scenery\texture or scenery>***airport***>texture - if they are placed in the scenery sub folder they will not be displayed...

Ok, Thanks. That's one thing w/ my AI problem that's correct.

So, I added a older previous scenery of KLFT and I have The AI traffic that I was looking for landing and taking off. So I think someone mentioned to check my AFCAD Parking. What should I look for in the Newer version of the scenery?

So, I added a older previous scenery of KLFT and I have The AI traffic that I was looking for landing and taking off. So I think someone mentioned to check my AFCAD Parking. What should I look for in the Newer version of the scenery?

It's good to know it's working.

All you need are enough parking spots and of an adequate size to accommodate your AI aircraft. The 'Gate' and 'Parking' spots in your screenshot all have specific parking codes and the only spots that are free for all may be too small. If there are no suitable spots (too small, already taken or simply don't exist) then newly planned AI will approach and land, then probably disappear when exiting the runway. If the AI taxi to the gate and park then there's no need to modify the airport.

In the aircraft text file that was created when you decompiled, what were AC#1001 and AC#1004? That will give you some idea of the required spot size. Alternatively, Martin Gossmann's utility - AI-Aircraft Editor - displays the nominal radius for each aircraft and allows you to change it.

D

aiae.jpg

Edited by defaid

It's good to know it's working.

All you need are enough parking spots and of an adequate size to accommodate your AI aircraft. The 'Gate' and 'Parking' spots in your screenshot all have specific parking codes and the only spots that are free for all may be too small. If there are no suitable spots (too small, already taken or simply don't exist) then newly planned AI will approach and land, then probably disappear when exiting the runway. If the AI taxi to the gate and park then there's no need to modify the airport.

In the aircraft text file that was created when you decompiled, what were AC#1001 and AC#1004? That will give you some idea of the required spot size. Alternatively, Martin Gossmann's utility - AI-Aircraft Editor - displays the nominal radius for each aircraft and allows you to change it.

D

Its 120 ft

I didn't read all the posts but if not already mentioned:

The % in the plan makes a difference too, for example if it was set in the flight plan at 50% and you slider was set at only 30% you won't see the aircraft.

Some flight plans are set at 100% so if you have to either alter plan to a lower % or put you slider all the way to max 100%

Col.

When I tried to use btbenoit's flightplan below, I noticed that he unvolontarly created a formation flight. Just for fun I couldn't resist to used in my way.

52283634106_2ecbdc4bcf_b.jpg

Grumman XF5F from the famous comic books 'Blackhawk' of the Fifties.

Bernard

Hi,

Instead of editing complicated .txt files isn't a better option AI Flight Planner?

https://fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/ai-flight-planner.279/

Regards,

DDP.

I wouldn't say the plans are complicated but AIFP is certainly a very good alternative and definitely preferable when dealing with very long plans or when you want to create a lot of AI traffic with minimal stress.

Beau originally asked for an explanation of the structure of text flightplans, and for information on how to edit them.

D

I think I got my AI Traffic the way I want at my local airport.

One more question I have is My FedEx and UPS freight planes are going to the gates instead of parking spots. How would I change this?

Without knowing your setup mark the cargo ramps you want them to go with the proper parking codes that match the one's in the ai cfg. Example: FDX

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The spots all look ok in the airport.

Take a look in their aircraft.cfg files to check whether or not those particular [fltsim.XX] entries have lines saying something like

atc_parking_type = CARGO

atc_parking_code = FDX

D

Take a look in their aircraft.cfg files to check whether or not those particular [fltsim.XX] entries have lines saying something like

atc_parking_type = CARGO

atc_parking_code = FDX

D

Found it, Thanks

I'm figuring this AI stuff out slowly but surely.LOL

atc_parking_type = CARGO

atc_parking_code = FDX

D

Sorry, but it isn't right. It should be 'atc_parking_codes', codes with 's' in plural. Otherwise it wouldn't work. An error I see again and again.

Bernard

As I wrote above, "something like..."

D

BOTH entries should have the ending s...

I.E atc_parking_types= and atc_parking_codes=

I would also suggest that the parking type should be changed to RAMP_CARGO (as opposed to simply CARGO) as that is the correct parking spot designation type......

If using multiple codes on a single spot each code should divided by a comma as these examples

FDX,UPS or FDX, UPS

Regards

Brian

BOTH entries should have the ending s...

I.E atc_parking_types= and atc_parking_codes=

I would also suggest that the parking type should be changed to RAMP_CARGO (as opposed to simply CARGO) as that is the correct parking spot designation type......

If using multiple codes on a single spot each code should divided by a comma as these examples

FDX,UPS or FDX, UPS

Regarding the ending s...

Yes. Sorry -- it's one drawback of replying to posts during teabreaks at work.

Concerning the parking type, this is from Microsoft, through FSDeveloper. What I found online was written for FSX / ESP but it is the same as the list given in the doc that ships with the Aircraft Container SDK for FS2004 (another image added). The same list is found in aircraft editing tools:

"The valid values may be one or more of the following: RAMP, CARGO, GATE, DOCK, MIL_CARGO, MIL_COMBAT."

I'd be interested in learning where you found reference to RAMP_CARGO. It's a parking type that I haven't seen before in an aircraft.cfg, only ever in airport editing software.

D

aca2005.jpg

aiae.jpg

aircraftcontainersdk.jpg

Edited by defaid
added images... and some more text after checking stuff

AC#1,KELLET,50%,24Hr,IFR,14:00:32,14:22:02,050,F,0001,POPH,14:30:52,14:52:22,050,F,0002,5CAM

It's a Kellet flight from Camden, PA to Philadelphia Post Office roof and back.

50309694522_8b57d5d575_z.jpg

Helicopter flightplan are exactly the same as for normal aircraft. But all my helicopter flights use separate ADE with runways of 300 ft length.

Bernard

AC#1,KELLET,50%,24Hr,IFR,14:00:32,14:22:02,050,F,0001,POPH,14:30:52,14:52:22,050,F,0002,5CAM

It's a Kellet flight from Camden, PA to Philadelphia Post Office roof and back.

50309694522_8b57d5d575_z.jpg

Helicopter flightplan are exactly the same as for normal aircraft. But all my helicopter flights use separate ADE with runways of 300 ft length.

Bernard

Thank you

Brian (or anyone),

Also curious about this statement:

"If using multiple codes on a single spot each code should divided by a comma as these examples

FDX,UPS or FDX, UPS"

Are you referencing the actual parking spots in the "Parking Codes" section? I can enter commas all day long and save, but when I reopen the parking spot for editing, they are no longer there.

Thanks,

Neil