Rio de Janeiro

szpanky

I de-activated all the addon sceneries and still no luck. When I placed an aircraft in the area using the map, its just flat land. The only airports that do show up on the map near where SBGL is suppose to be are SBSV, SB3J and SNVB. Edited by szpanky

Sorry, but SBSV is the airport of Salvador, miles from Rio de Janeiro. SB3J as well. To search where Galeo should be, you might put the coordinates in the map selection. It tooks you straight there.

Bernard

I de-activated all the addon sceneries and still no luck. When I placed an aircraft in the area using the map, its just flat land. The only airports that do show up on the map near where SBGL is suppose to be are SBSV, SB3J and SNVB.

I suspect you are looking in the wrong curve of the coast. All three of those airports are near to each other and about 700 miles north along the coast from Rio. Both locations have a semi-enclosed bay in a shallow bight of coastline.

If I'm wrong then something in your installation has become horribly corrupted. Try disabling a few scenery layers at a time to see if you can pinpoint the culprit.

brazil.jpg

Edited by defaid

Did you searched for AP396400.bgl. file in scenery/Same/scenery folder? Is it still a bgl file, or has it changed to something like AP396400.bak?

If you get a COD in this area, it could caused by several reasons. Therefore I would suggest to deactivate all your scenery.cfg entries, except 'World Scenery', 'Default Terrain`and 'Default Scenery'.

If this basic setting works correctly, go to SBGL and save it as flight. Then reactivate your scenery entries step by step and start each time FS9 with the saved filght, until you get a COD again. Doing this way, you should be able to determinate the entry causing the crash.

It might be a anoying job, I agree, but it's still the fastest way to get a clear result.

Bernard

Sorry guys my mistake. I went to the correct area and I still had issues. I did fix it by re-installing all the default sceneries from the SAME folder. None of them were missing but they must have been corrupt. Thanks for the help everyone.