Alttitude shows -1500 to -1800 feet in all Aircraft at all times

Hello guys - just wanted to pass a problem to the community in hopes of finding an answer. I've searched for months with no avail.

As the title says, I'm always Negative -1600 -1800 feet, this holds true with any aircraft. Note the incorrect Baro pressure of 27.99 as well. It's been this way since day one, I have done everything humanly possible to re-set it to no avail. Just curious if anyone knows where the file is that keeps tab of pressure and altitude maybe I can remove it or replace it and cure the problem. I included a few images below note on the second image when the heli is up to 1800 feet, the altitude finally shows 0 feet!

Thanks in advance!

Mike

alt-0.jpg

alt-1.jpg

Thanks for the reply - it just shows up at that reading, I can re-set or what ever and it stays a close to the 27 pressure number. This really messes up my ILS approach since I have to do the math using the -1600 feet number. In any case once I adjust my altitude the ILS works fine.

You can se the Mini altitude shows the same error as well.

Mike

Edited by LowOnCash

Just curious if anyone knows where the file is that keeps tab of pressure and altitude maybe I can remove it or replace it and cure the problem.

Try deleting your rolling cache, either in-sim or manually - the actual file is here: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ROLLINGCACHE.CCC

Just delete it and re-launch the sim, which will create a brand new one. A lot of settings and variables are stored in the rolling cache (except controls thankfully) and these can get corrupted if there's a glitch or CTD. I'm always tweaking something in my sim and delete the rolling cache almost every day - some tweaks don't have any effect until I do delete the rolling cache.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Regretfully, it did not cure the problem right back to -1700 feet and 27.99 in LAX.

I saved my original file should I put it back or just keep the new file.

Thanks anyhow! Mike

Re:Edit I would like to mention that if I go to the weather on my top menu there is a pressure slider there - if I mover the slider from 29 to 27 then the altitude goes to back to airport height.

Edited by LowOnCash

You can safely keep the new file. Have you checked that your units of measurement are set to US? They may have been set to Metric or Hybrid somehow.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

This happens to me every time, no matter what airport I fly out of. As I am starting to get prepared, I always hit the "B" key to have the pressure change to what it should be. I always start off about 100-200 feet below what I should be at.

As I fly, I occasionally will adjust it using the "B" key to what it is reading at the time.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Mike, you're very welcome - I'm glad you fixed it.

Tim,

Hello - If you're still around could you please point me to a link so I can make a backup copy of my needed files of MSFS.It took me 2 full days to download the program.

Right now I only keep backup files of my Community folder and WGS files folder for my bindings.

Thanks in Aadvance - Mike

Tim,

Hello - If you're still around could you please point me to a link so I can make a backup copy of my needed files of MSFS.It took me 2 full days to download the program.

Right now I only keep backup files of my Community folder and WGS files folder for my bindings.

C:\Users\[insert your name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

This is your saved flight plans. Most everything else (if I am correct) is backed up online, so if you have to restore, your settings will come over.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Tim,

Hi Mike, I use Macrium Reflect (free version) https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree which creates a disk image that includes your entire windows installation and all installed programs, folders and files etc. When you want to restore some (or all) of those files you can mount the disk image as a Virtual Disk and simply copy and paste files and folders from the Virtual Disk to your actual disk as you would with any normal data.

Tim,

Thanks so much that's exactly what I'm looking for - I've been a Mac user since day one, so I guess this is something like their Time capsule. I bought a SSD I would guess that would be the safest method.

Thanks Mike

Tim,

Hello I downloaded the free program (thanks) and watched a few YouTube videos as well. It appears as if the software is primarily designed to clone the entire drive. Is it possible to clone just MSFS or Xplane only?

Many Thanks - Mike

Thanks Mike

I don't think so, but you can restore only the folders and files you want from the full disk image.

Thanks Tim, I've learned a couple new things as well :)

Thanks to all for the help - Tim I made a Macrium clone of my hard drive and I also made a rescue disk.

I would like to verify the boot disk works. Do I just plug in the USB rescue drive and reboot or do I have to hold down a special key? I think its F2 for an Asus computer.

Thanks Mike

Edited by LowOnCash

On my Gigabyte PC, I have to press F2 to go into the Bios and select the boot disk, then reboot.