Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alttitude shows -1500 to -1800 feet in all Aircraft at all times

Default Alttitude shows -1500 to -1800 feet in all Aircraft at all times

Hello guys - just wanted to pass a problem to the community in hopes of finding an answer. I've searched for months with no avail.

As the title says, I'm always Negative -1600 -1800 feet, this holds true with any aircraft. Note the incorrect Baro pressure of 27.99 as well. It's been this way since day one, I have done everything humanly possible to re-set it to no avail. Just curious if anyone knows where the file is that keeps tab of pressure and altitude maybe I can remove it or replace it and cure the problem. I included a few images below note on the second image when the heli is up to 1800 feet, the altitude finally shows 0 feet!

Thanks in advance!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails alt-0.jpg   alt-1.jpg  

You are aware of Barometer setting? If not, try `B` key.

Where did you get the 27.99 number for the pressure? That seems awfully low since “standard” pressure is 29.92.

Thanks for the reply - it just shows up at that reading, I can re-set or what ever and it stays a close to the 27 pressure number. This really messes up my ILS approach since I have to do the math using the -1600 feet number. In any case once I adjust my altitude the ILS works fine.

You can se the Mini altitude shows the same error as well.

Mike
    Last edited by LowOnCash; 08-05-2022 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LowOnCash View Post
    Just curious if anyone knows where the file is that keeps tab of pressure and altitude maybe I can remove it or replace it and cure the problem.
    Try deleting your rolling cache, either in-sim or manually - the actual file is here: AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\ROLLINGCACHE.CCC
    Just delete it and re-launch the sim, which will create a brand new one. A lot of settings and variables are stored in the rolling cache (except controls thankfully) and these can get corrupted if there's a glitch or CTD. I'm always tweaking something in my sim and delete the rolling cache almost every day - some tweaks don't have any effect until I do delete the rolling cache.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X, Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia RTX2060 6Gb, Logitech Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Win 10 Pro x64

Thanks for the reply - I'll give it a try and see what happens and let you know - Regards

Regretfully, it did not cure the problem right back to -1700 feet and 27.99 in LAX.
    I saved my original file should I put it back or just keep the new file.

Thanks anyhow! Mike

Re:Edit I would like to mention that if I go to the weather on my top menu there is a pressure slider there - if I mover the slider from 29 to 27 then the altitude goes to back to airport height.
    Last edited by LowOnCash; 08-05-2022 at 08:16 PM.

You can safely keep the new file. Have you checked that your units of measurement are set to US? They may have been set to Metric or Hybrid somehow.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X, Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia RTX2060 6Gb, Logitech Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Win 10 Pro x64

This happens to me every time, no matter what airport I fly out of. As I am starting to get prepared, I always hit the "B" key to have the pressure change to what it should be. I always start off about 100-200 feet below what I should be at.

As I fly, I occasionally will adjust it using the "B" key to what it is reading at the time.
    Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Tim,

You are nothing short of genius - I have suffered with this problem since day one. My country and origin was correct but the App origin was on Automatic, when I changed it to US like magic it cured the problem. Wish I could return the favor!

Thanks so Much!

Mike
    www.rotory.com
    www.rvvolt.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails App.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast