Default aircraft removal

I tried deleting one ages ago. It was automatically re-installed at the next sim launch during the check for updates stage.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

AFAIK leaving them in place/ignoring them is a valid option and has no adverse effect on the operation of the sim? If you have a favorite airplane/only fly one airplane it will automatically be loaded as 1st in your hangar as the last plane flown.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Does anyone know if removing default aircraft will have adverse effects to the sim? I really have no interest in any of them.

Cheers

You can safely remove most of the default aircraft and they won't be reinstalled again, as long as you do it from the in-game Content Manager. After all, that's what a Content Manager is supposed to serve for, isn't it? :)

Just take into account that some of the default aircraft are mandatory and can't be removed, so you won't even find them listed in the Manager (to be precise, 16 aircraft variants in the Premium Deluxe edition, others may vary).

Same applies for all the default airports, lessons, challenges, scenery updates, etc. you don't want. Since drive space is really important to me, I removed most of them long ago, as I mostly use 3rd party add-ons.

As long as you make every removal from the Content Manager, you'll be safe. Simply forget about deleting files manually in Windows.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)