Irregularities in the (engine) noise reproduction during a flight

Dear FSX frieds,

in the last time I had a funny problem. If I just start my FSX with for (example) a Cessna I am hearing the normal noise of the engine. But later perhaps after flying a little, the engine noise decreased to about half. Even changing the aircraft during the flight did not change anything.

Pressing the Q button twice increased the noise for seconds, but then it fell back to the previous (half) noise level. Changing the aircraft during the flight makes no difference.

Starting a new flight the noise again is normal until a few minutes when the engine noise decreased to about half again.

I can't find out why this happen. Perhaps somebody knew a solution for this mysterium?

BTW its the same problem, if the aircraft is standing with started engine.

Playing music (without FSX) makes no problem, so I think it is not a problem with my soundcart.

Edited by Flattermann
new realisazion

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, the problem was apparently solved as a result of a tip in a neighboring forum.

There a similar problem (already 2021) was treated and a solution suggestion concerned the Win10 sound settings. Under Sound_Control Panel there is a tab "Communication" under "Detection of communication activities" under four options the item "Reduce volume of other sounds by 80%". This point was - without my intervention - activated. I have now activated the item "Do nothing".

After completing a longer flight, there were no more sound fluctuations :luxhello:

From the text it can be seen that these settings were actually set up for phone calls made with the PC at most. So had nothing to do with my FSX, but is a WIN10 thing.

• 2 weeks later...
I only am using the unregistered Version of FSUIPC4. So it couldn't be the culprit for the irregularities.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, the problem was apparently solved as a result of a tip in a neighboring forum.

There a similar problem (already 2021) was treated and a solution suggestion concerned the Win10 sound settings. Under Sound_Control Panel there is a tab "Communication" under "Detection of communication activities" under four options the item "Reduce volume of other sounds by 80%". This point was - without my intervention - activated. I have now activated the item "Do nothing".

After completing a longer flight, there were no more sound fluctuations :luxhello:

From the text it can be seen that these settings were actually set up for phone calls made with the PC at most. So had nothing to do with my FSX, but is a WIN10 thing.

Thank a bunch for this fix. I was having the same problem and because I'm not using any FSX audio add-ins I was puzzled, especially because it seems to happen with some add-in aircraft more than others.