Are we done with new Aircraft for FS9

richiemo

Hi gang. Figured I'd float this question here. Do we think we will see any new aircraft for FS9. TDS has certainly done some new ones over the past few years with a 757 and most recently the excellent A350. The only plane really missing from FS9 is the A320 NEO family. I don't think project airbus exists anymore but maybe TDS would do one. The A320 NEO is becoming quire popular, Any thoughts?

There are several factors involved here … none of them very positive :(

Commercially, the vendor needs to "see" a profitable market for any development, then just needs to find a designer familiar with the older software necessary for FS9 development … both a bit thin on the ground.

From the shareware point-of-view, most developments were done by enthusiasts to fulfil a requirement they found desirable.

I'd suggest most designers who are still using FS9 have long since scratched any itch they felt and it'd take a significant innovation in the aviation world to encourage them from behind their joystick and back on to the drawing table.

Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't hold my breath ;)

Hello,

My advice to all FS9 users, download, download, and download. Fill up your hangars just in case FS9

crash lands for the final time.

Even though developers seem done with FS9, there is so much on file to keep this

old girl alive for sometime to come.

How many 737s and A320s do we need?

A couple of years ago I did a purge, my hangar still contains 470 aircraft. And there's probably about that many more that I downloaded and never installed. The worst being those hangar queens I shelled out hard earned cash for and haven't accumulated a dozen hours flight time, lol.

"How many 737s and A320s do we need?"

Agree, but I do wish that someone with talent and motivation would provide some North American post-merger AI liveries for the -37's and A318/19/20's. Continental/United, USAir/American, NW/Delta, etc. Heck, if I'm dreaming, all AI models that are relevant to these mergers.

I'd love to completely modernize my North American fleet, but the options are very limited.

I have money....I'd pay!

Neil

"How many 737s and A320s do we need?"

Agree, but I do wish that someone with talent and motivation would provide some North American post-merger AI liveries for the -37's and A318/19/20's. Continental/United, USAir/American, NW/Delta, etc. Heck, if I'm dreaming, all AI models that are relevant to these mergers.

I'd love to completely modernize my North American fleet, but the options are very limited.

I have money....I'd pay!

Neil

If you willing to spend some time working in DXTBMP, you can try taking a newer fsx/p3d repaint that is for an fs9 to fsx conversion, (think AIA, AIG, UTT, or TFS for instance), and revert the newer textures back to 1024x1024 bmp files, which you can then use on the original fs9 model that the fsx/p3d conversion was made from. Note that you'll also need to use the mirror image and alpha setting in DXTBMP after saving out a new 24-bit bmp in paint/your preferred image editing software. Doing so has allowed me to replicate an early to mid twenty-teens ai traffic lineup to some degree. Albeit unless I'm mistaken, the newest ai airliner your can get for fs9 is a 787. Though I would be glad to be proven wrong should fs9 models for the a350, a330neo and other current day airliner models exists.

For me, what really stinks is that nobody bothered to look at Dee Waldron's tristar during the late 2000s and mid twenty-teens and say, "you know, it would be nice if the community had a more refined ai tristar," and then made one. I know Dee and others did a great job for the time which they lived in, but my goodness does it look old when next to other ai models. That if anything is what I really wish we had gotten from the aircraft developer community.

One thing though that we must not forget is that there is still HJG/Historic Jetliners Group, which is currently still got what I suspect is quite a bit more up their sleeves. If anything, I think that once HJG decides to move on from fs9, that we will then officially know if the period in which new aircraft and or repaints for fs9 is truly over.

Tristar35

Edited by Tristar35

We do have a couple of surprises ahead of us. Both of which I cannot discuss, as I'm a beta tester for a very innovative designer.

There will be both payware & freeware versions of 2 unique aircraft. The only clue is that correctly so, we have so many Boeings & 'buses.

So..don't write of FS9'ers off yet.

I must apologise for my lack of posts this year.

I was a victim of a hit & run accident in March, and today is my Day 143 in hospital.

I ended up lying in the middle of the road, then waking up in ICU. My injuries were 20 stitches in my forehead, 4 broken ribs, pelvis broken in 3 places,

And both my fibia & tibia broken in an open wound. (Skin graft sorted that out)..Oh..also I had both bones in my right arm broken, I've a metal plate in

My wrist as well as a broken baby finger. Oh.. 4 ribs as well!

So my right leg has been in a metal frame since 3 months ago, with pins going from the frame, through the bones to stabilise the bones together.

The big issue is, since Sunday my leg has become seriously infected, to the extent that I'll probably loose my leg from just below my knee.

The big red flags are the infection, the tibia & fibia bones not knitting (it's been 3 months since the frame).. Plus since the accident, I have no feeling in my foot, from ankle down.. Anyway, I'm alive and hopefully I'll be contributing a lot more to my favourite site!

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Good grief Robin, what rotten luck - I hope the beta testing takes your mind off all that for a while at least. Very best wishes for a swift recovery - they can work miracles with prosthetics these days!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks, guys, for your thoughts. I was supposed to go to theater today, however time was against us, so probably Wednesday or Thursday.

It is quite an emotional thing but it's time I get my life back.

A new journey for me.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi Robin,

I can imagine, how glad you must be, that this wasn't the end, but instead a new birth. I wish you all the power you need, to enjoy your second life!

All the best to you getting back on the track

Dedl

Robin - You should be an Inspiration to all of us out there that has never come close to what you are going thru. In reading your post it sounds like you have managed to accept this catastrophic event for what it is and to somehow deal with the hopes and setbacks associated with the extensive injuries you received! My hat goes off to you my friend, hang in there, you will be thought of by all, our hopes and prayers will be with you! Wow, when we think we got it bad, comes nowhere close to what your are going thru!:rolleyes: Take care Robin!

Rick G

Robin, I think its safe to say that there are a LOT people between here and SOH who are pulling for you. :)

Get well soon and if you get a little bored, feel free to post some pics of the new project. :D

Bob

Edited by BobSeaman

Hopefully the FS-2004 or FS-9 will remain for many years to come. I'm very satisfied. When I watch the "better" FS-2020 videos, their flights and their demos, I get the chills. The Google Earth images are beautiful but flying doesn't match the reality nearly as well as with my FS-9/2004. The planes move strangely, stop too fast, etc.. etc… Cockpit images are often missing too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your wishes & thoughts. I really appreciate all of them.

So, the operation went very well, with no pain at all, apart from some weird phantom pain where my toes used to be.

In retrospect, it was an easy decision for me to make. With both tibia & fibia broken & not knitting back together, a paralysed foot and then inflammation and abscess in my foot and ankle. I decided I wanted my life back, after 160 days in hospital.

I'm very positive about this new journey of mine.

A couple of days ago, a friend asked me how I'm coping, being a victim of a hit & run.

I very quickly replied that I'm a surviver & not a victim!

So..baby steps, one hop/step at a time.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I don't like big air buses and passenger trains. The question is why more and more are coming with other colors. But one good Cessna 337? No there isn't yet. The specials are my favorite in FS9/FS2004: the Spitfire, B-17, the Catalina etc etc.. Even a good Beech Baron 58. Provided they fly well. The landscape could be a bit better locally. So Scenery…1st priority.

https://youtu.be/FA_u8RTKi4U. .. Or this one Bell 206B …

Edited by Joop Kruize