Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are we done with new Aircraft for FS9

Default Are we done with new Aircraft for FS9

Hi gang. Figured I'd float this question here. Do we think we will see any new aircraft for FS9. TDS has certainly done some new ones over the past few years with a 757 and most recently the excellent A350. The only plane really missing from FS9 is the A320 NEO family. I don't think project airbus exists anymore but maybe TDS would do one. The A320 NEO is becoming quire popular, Any thoughts?

There are several factors involved here … none of them very positive
    Commercially, the vendor needs to "see" a profitable market for any development, then just needs to find a designer familiar with the older software necessary for FS9 development … both a bit thin on the ground.
    From the shareware point-of-view, most developments were done by enthusiasts to fulfil a requirement they found desirable.
    I'd suggest most designers who are still using FS9 have long since scratched any itch they felt and it'd take a significant innovation in the aviation world to encourage them from behind their joystick and back on to the drawing table.
    Stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't hold my breath

Great analysis Chris. You're probably spot on. My hope may be the boys at TDS. Fingers crossed.

Hello,
    My advice to all FS9 users, download, download, and download. Fill up your hangars just in case FS9
    crash lands for the final time.
    Even though developers seem done with FS9, there is so much on file to keep this
    old girl alive for sometime to come.

How many 737s and A320s do we need?

A couple of years ago I did a purge, my hangar still contains 470 aircraft. And there's probably about that many more that I downloaded and never installed. The worst being those hangar queens I shelled out hard earned cash for and haven't accumulated a dozen hours flight time, lol.

Go here https://www.pafs.wf/downloads , there are quite a few Project Airbus's to download , no A320 NEO though .
    "Pilots do it with Thrust"

"How many 737s and A320s do we need?"

Agree, but I do wish that someone with talent and motivation would provide some North American post-merger AI liveries for the -37's and A318/19/20's. Continental/United, USAir/American, NW/Delta, etc. Heck, if I'm dreaming, all AI models that are relevant to these mergers.
    I'd love to completely modernize my North American fleet, but the options are very limited.

I have money....I'd pay!

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Qballbandit View Post
    "How many 737s and A320s do we need?"

Agree, but I do wish that someone with talent and motivation would provide some North American post-merger AI liveries for the -37's and A318/19/20's. Continental/United, USAir/American, NW/Delta, etc. Heck, if I'm dreaming, all AI models that are relevant to these mergers.
    I'd love to completely modernize my North American fleet, but the options are very limited.

I have money....I'd pay!

Neil
    If you willing to spend some time working in DXTBMP, you can try taking a newer fsx/p3d repaint that is for an fs9 to fsx conversion, (think AIA, AIG, UTT, or TFS for instance), and revert the newer textures back to 1024x1024 bmp files, which you can then use on the original fs9 model that the fsx/p3d conversion was made from. Note that you'll also need to use the mirror image and alpha setting in DXTBMP after saving out a new 24-bit bmp in paint/your preferred image editing software. Doing so has allowed me to replicate an early to mid twenty-teens ai traffic lineup to some degree. Albeit unless I'm mistaken, the newest ai airliner your can get for fs9 is a 787. Though I would be glad to be proven wrong should fs9 models for the a350, a330neo and other current day airliner models exists.

For me, what really stinks is that nobody bothered to look at Dee Waldron's tristar during the late 2000s and mid twenty-teens and say, "you know, it would be nice if the community had a more refined ai tristar," and then made one. I know Dee and others did a great job for the time which they lived in, but my goodness does it look old when next to other ai models. That if anything is what I really wish we had gotten from the aircraft developer community.

One thing though that we must not forget is that there is still HJG/Historic Jetliners Group, which is currently still got what I suspect is quite a bit more up their sleeves. If anything, I think that once HJG decides to move on from fs9, that we will then officially know if the period in which new aircraft and or repaints for fs9 is truly over.

Tristar35
    Last edited by Tristar35; 08-04-2022 at 07:36 PM.

Texture conversion can very easily also be made with Don Grovestines wonderful Texture Manager.

Dedl

We do have a couple of surprises ahead of us. Both of which I cannot discuss, as I'm a beta tester for a very innovative designer.
    There will be both payware & freeware versions of 2 unique aircraft. The only clue is that correctly so, we have so many Boeings & 'buses.

So..don't write of FS9'ers off yet.

I must apologise for my lack of posts this year.
    I was a victim of a hit & run accident in March, and today is my Day 143 in hospital.
    I ended up lying in the middle of the road, then waking up in ICU. My injuries were 20 stitches in my forehead, 4 broken ribs, pelvis broken in 3 places,
    And both my fibia & tibia broken in an open wound. (Skin graft sorted that out)..Oh..also I had both bones in my right arm broken, I've a metal plate in
    My wrist as well as a broken baby finger. Oh.. 4 ribs as well!
    So my right leg has been in a metal frame since 3 months ago, with pins going from the frame, through the bones to stabilise the bones together.
    The big issue is, since Sunday my leg has become seriously infected, to the extent that I'll probably loose my leg from just below my knee.
    The big red flags are the infection, the tibia & fibia bones not knitting (it's been 3 months since the frame).. Plus since the accident, I have no feeling in my foot, from ankle down.. Anyway, I'm alive and hopefully I'll be contributing a lot more to my favourite site!
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast