MSFS Aircraft installation

I purchased the H145 and P38L from their respective developers. I installed and like both platforms very much. Recently, both developers have provided updates to these aircraft that require me to de install the old and re install the new. I de installed but have not been able to reinstall. I follow the instructions to the letter without success and the developers are radio silent. I am stumped.

Any aircraft I have purchased from the marketplace installs easily in the official file.

Has anyone ever taken an unzipped aircraft file and dropped it into the official file vs the community file to attempt installation? I dont want to mush things up but it seems like it could work.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

I purchased the H145 and P38L from their respective developers. I installed and like both platforms very much. Recently, both developers have provided updates to these aircraft that require me to de install the old and re install the new. I de installed but have not been able to reinstall. I follow the instructions to the letter without success and the developers are radio silent. I am stumped.

Any aircraft I have purchased from the marketplace installs easily in the official file.

Has anyone ever taken an unzipped aircraft file and dropped it into the official file vs the community file to attempt installation? I dont want to mush things up but it seems like it could work.

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Quick answer is No on my manually placing anything in the Official Folder, let MSFS do that. I put all my downloads in Folders of their own, some even on another Drive, Unzip them there, and Cut, not Copy, the appropriate Files, or Folder, and Paste them into the Community Folder. You can try to Copy them to the Community Folder, if it will let you... I have had no issues using this method. I use it for Aircraft, as well as for Scenery Add-on's. Good Luck

Edited by Gpurg
AMD Ryzen-7, 4800H, 4th Gen Radeon Graphics 2.90 - 32GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD Boot, 1TB HD, 1TB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6GB - ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Dedicated Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 Home - 55" Samsung 1920 x 1080 - MSFS Settings on High and Many on Ultra, with no jitter or lag. HOTAS Control - Std Logitech X52.