Start-up Title window

solomod

FS9 Win 7 pro 64-bit

When I startup FS9 the Title window has started appearing hard-up against the left side of the computer screen. I'd rather have it back in the center of the computer screen.

Has anybody any ideas please?

Many thanks,

David

I want to say it has something to do with your fs9.cfg file. It's happened to me before but I forgot what I did to fix it. But.....

Find your cfg and copy it somewhere, or zip it for safekeeping. Then delete the original and start fs9. FS9 will create a new one and you will have to reset your screen res and all that stuff, but see if that works.

You probably know where the cfg is but if not, it would be something like this

C:\Users\garyl\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9

FS9 Win 7 pro 64-bit

When I startup FS9 the Title window has started appearing hard-up against the left side of the computer screen. I'd rather have it back in the center of the computer screen.

Try switching to Windowed Mode, temporarily reducing the size if necessary, and position the window centrally. Shut down, restart, then revert to your preferred window settings.

Hopefully that will do the trick.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

I want to say it has something to do with your fs9.cfg file. It's happened to me before but I forgot what I did to fix it. But.....

Find your cfg and copy it somewhere, or zip it for safekeeping. Then delete the original and start fs9. FS9 will create a new one and you will have to reset your screen res and all that stuff, but see if that works.

You probably know where the cfg is but if not, it would be something like this

C:\Users\garyl\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9

yes deleting it and restarting usually fixes it.

I fixed the problem using John Hinson's method. Easy and worked a treat.

I know it makes no difference to FS9 where the title screen opens on the computer screen but I just think it looks better opening in the centre. At 74 I suppose I'm a bit set in my ways.

David