Parked AI aircraft with Camil Velequette's type AGS ?

hjwalter

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if it would be possible to have certain AI aircraft to somehow automatically generate Camil Vallequette's type of intensive AGS activities around them, e.g. as soon as they have parked themselves in any specially dedicated parking positions. There are in fact a few of these AI aircraft in existence here and there but their "AGS" activities are all very limited and especially, simple.

Upto now I've been concentrating on static aircraft and ditto apron vehicles, baggage objects, etc. but these all remain visibly very "dead".

So called "dynamic" apron vehicles are also possible but can only remain very limited in the immediate vicinity of any (static) aircraft.

Suggestions, anyone ?

Regards and thanks in advance.

Hans

Hi Hans,

That's an interesting topic you raise here. Since a longer time I try to create a rather AI based animation. But it fails because no stops are possible. So far I haven't been able to do more than this.

52245755310_295c4ea6e9_b.jpg

What do you mean by so called "dynamic" apron vehicles and how in your opinion that could be possible?

Bernard

Aerosoft's AES payware addon for FS2004 ground services has been around for years:

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/flight-simulator-2004/tools-missions/178/aes-creditpack

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Bernard,

I've been experimenting for years with what I call "animated" apron AI busses, trucks, tugs, stairs, etc, which follow their own "airport" taxiways and eventually end up at "hold short points" before non visisble and startegically placed runways, where they stop and then disappear because they get "timed out". They are technically speaking, AI "aircraft" which cannot fly but furhermore have two main dsiadvantages:

!. They produce AI sounds which seemingly cannot be "silenced".

2. They cannot be synchronized with the periods that any of the to be serviced AI aircraft are actually parked in their designated parking positions.

Thanks anyway for your reaction.

================

Tim,

I'm actually ashamed to have to admit that in all my simming years I've never even heard of this Aerosoft AES system and I'll certainly look into it to see what it does.

Thanks anyway for your tip, link and YouTube movie.

Regards

Hans

Tim,

In the meantime I've read a lot about AES and what it does or can do but the whole system seems to be only applicable to flyable aircraft and not to AIs.

I already have some experience with the (I think) very first AES (type) of animated apron ground traffic made by the brilliant designer named Otto Pabst, who now seems to be working for the AES vendor.

Many years ago this designer made the freeware German airport of Bremen, in which a "follow me" car would drive up to a taxiway sign saying something like "Stop here and wait for the follow me car". This car would then visibly position itself in front of your stopped aircraft and would lead you to a vacant parking position, where a marshaller would then take over untill your final full stop. He had also made some "animated" flying aircraft at this airport but which sometimes got in the way of extra self made AI flights and sadly in no way would heed, e.g. wind directions and/or ATC instructions.

The full AES system therefore seems to be a continuation and great expansion of Otto Papst's original work. Brilliant !!

Regards

Hans

It really is briliant and AI aircraft will be serviced if they have the correct [Exits] defined in the aircraft.cfg.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

An intermediated solution could be to let adding vehicles, objects and even passengers generated by the AI model file, like it will be done with CalClassic AI aircraft and their stairs. Such objects would appear as soon as the engines are shut down and disappear when engines are started up. At least this would enhance airport environment. Furthermore the objects wouldn't depend on a fixed schedule. Just curious that nobody has thought about such addons anyway.

Several years ago I did this static scene. Of course, it makes only sense as long as the AI aircraft remains on the parking.

9650329768_68cec57954_b.jpg

Bernard

By pure curiosity and honestly as a real challenge, I created a very basic ground vehicle traffic. Needless to mention that is a tremendous work to get appropriated Afcad and a meticulous coordination of four flightplans. Even after hours and endless restarts, it isn't still perfect!

As said in a fomer post, it would be a great improvment if the vehicles could stop at the aircraft. But what already is impossible for ship traffic, isn't neither possible here. Unless an invisible aircraft would cross the path and stop the vehicle, like two planes crossing on taxiways. Therefore I linked a TrafficViewBoard to the bus path, but it needs an absolute exact timing too. Up to now it remains without any result.

52250449475_f14a031f58_b.jpg

52250198884_dabb296816_b.jpg

52248970047_4d66e06b3a_b.jpg

Not the best, but the only choice!

Anyway, I don't intend to create such ground traffic at each airport!

Bernard

Edited by leuen

The latest F-27 models include an animated stewardess that comes down the stairs when the door opens. Not complex animation (she doesn't move her limbs) but it could be expanded on if anyone wants to do the work.

Tom,

On the assumption that you are referrig to an AI F-27, I request you to post a file name and where it can be downloaded from.

Thanks in advance.

Hans

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your reactions but with much steam having come from my ears during the last few days because of my hefty AI/AGS/AES brain work, especially in relation to my own great variety of AI aircraft, I'm slowly but surely beginning to realize that, not only will the specific and number of AGS/AES objects per AI aircraft type be quite an effort to make but will most probably also need all those AI aircraft to carry far too much individual activation and positioning "ballast" in their model files. This could also cause problems with the SAAM program, via which static versions of all such AI aircraft can be made.

Furthermore, all these AI aircraft model files will need to individually be able access a central dedicated library folder from which they conditionally select and position their specific AGS/AES objects around them, e.g. as soon as their engines are shut down in their designated parking positions. Not only that but the selected AGS/AES objects will need to be different when parked, e.g. at a gate which has an air bridge or at an "open" apron position.

Nope, I'm now definitely cured and static (AGS/AES type) objects positioned around static aircraft, remains for me the best way to keep enhancing my airport sceneries.

Regards

Hans