New to FSX

blake09

So after MSFS 2020 got me back into flight simming, I thought, with all the great add-ons and scenery and airports out there for FSX, I may as well grab FSX from Steam.

There are a few surprising nice things out of the box:

1. The rumble pack inside my Xbox 360 type usb joystick controller rumbles creating a nice sensory experience bouncing on runways during takeoff, or when the wheels hit at landing.

2. There's a cool "X" effect when lights shine up at you at night, which looks awesome flying over toronto (CYYZ) with some freeware scenery and airport enhancements installed.

3. The included aircraft are super fun.

4. There's a LOT more exercises and fun little challenges to try in FSX than in MSFS or XPlane 11.

What have I missed that is a must-try and must-add-on for FSX, sticking with the free stuff only?

I plan to spend available money on paid add-ons only in XPlane 11 (and 12 when it happens) and MSFS, which I love also.

I have MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe, XPlane 11, DCS, and FSX now, and sometimes it's fun to switch it up.

1) 'Little Nav Map'

2) Flyaway Simulation 'FreeMesh X Global'

3) 'Thousands' more over here....

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Flight1s UTX and GEX must haves for me - but theres a plethora of free stuff about too

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs