Question Re S-Tec 55x Autopilot

Custer76

Hello.

I have incorporated the S-Tec 55x autopilot (which is supposed to work with MSFS) in a panel I created in Air Manager 4. Unfortunately, The VS function does not see to work at all. I must resort to change the VS rate of climb/descent on the VC cockpit which sort of defeats the purpose of having Air Manager. I use air Manager 4 with a DIY Knobster. Everything works as it should. Except the autopilot.

Is there a trick to make this work as it should. The illustration of the S-Tec 55 even shows the VS rate so, it appears that this function is coded and should work. See attached picture. However, in my panel, when I click on the "VS" button, nothing happens. I fully expect this to be a user's error. Sorry for this was asked before. I searched the Forum but did not find an answer.

Best,

Gianluca

Screenshot 2022-07-18 114921.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-18 114741.jpg

• Like 1

The S-Tec is 'really' a S-Tec, it doesn't work that well combining it with a different type of autopilot in the simulator. The default X-Plane Cessna 172 has an S-Tec and that works perfect. For FS2020 I recommend using the Bendix King KAP140.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello.

I have incorporated the S-Tec 55x autopilot (which is supposed to work with MSFS) in a panel I created in Air Manager 4. Unfortunately, The VS function does not see to work at all. I must resort to change the VS rate of climb/descent on the VC cockpit which sort of defeats the purpose of having Air Manager. I use air Manager 4 with a DIY Knobster. Everything works as it should. Except the autopilot.

Is there a trick to make this work as it should. The illustration of the S-Tec 55 even shows the VS rate so, it appears that this function is coded and should work. See attached picture. However, in my panel, when I click on the "VS" button, nothing happens. I fully expect this to be a user's error. Sorry for this was asked before. I searched the Forum but did not find an answer.

Best,

Gianluca

The v/s only works when the ALT button is NOT in use. DO NOT set the a/p vertical function until you are AT the chosen altitude.

Many real-world autopilots are like that!