Simshack/Justflight runaround

I recently purchased Aeroplane Heaven's F3F for FSX at Simshack. I downladed the file and put on USB to transfer and install on my Windows7 PC. I got an error msg saying internet connection needed (PC is not connected due to W7). Nowhere on the Simshack page or the confirmation email was any notice mention stating an internet connection was needed for installation.

I tried contacting Simshack. Response was link to FlyAwaySimulation support, who maintain that I have to contact Simshack (yeah, the runaraound). A phone number on the "support page" gives a supposedly California phone number which is only answered during UK business hours (per the recording).

Aeroplane Heaven is giving this file away as Freeware (for FSX installed in W10), and unfortunately my W10 PC (laptop) will not support an FSX installation.

Anyone experience any problems with Simshack/Justflight/Flyawaysimulations?

PS there are numerous FSX planes available as freewarw at Aeroplane Heaven's website.

Best regards,

DA

PC not connected due to windows 7?? Why is that?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Windows 7 (and it's associated security program) is no longer updated/supported by Microsoft and is a security risk if used to connect to the internet.

Even to install ONE addon?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi,

Win 7 issue - By the term 'associated security program' I assume you mean Windows Security Essentials..???

The tools that come with that are very basic - I suggest that you download one of the numerous available freeware antivirus products that are out there, install it and then run the addon install - it probably only needs the internet connection for the initial product authentication/registration purposes and then won't need any further internet interaction unless you need to install an update to it....

Win 10 issue - what exactly is the issue...??? - there are plenty of workarounds/fixes out there to resolve Win10/FSX issues - many of them here at Flightsim....

Runaround issue....I have not ordered from Simshack nor Flyawaysimulations (which I believe is actually aligned with Simshack when it comes to the sale of products) but have from JustFlight and have had no issues with them - Justflight is not affiliated with the other two....

Regards

Brian