SimFlyers KPHX

Ottersphere

• 4 months later...

This one says no files found.

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Thanks for this, I don't see any mention of Shez Ansari, but still better than my previous version.
Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Yeah, I know about the Mach1 versions. I’m trying to find one back from the America West days for an FS9 Time Capsule build. That’s why I want to find the SimFlyers version to assess the quality. If it’s not compatible with Mega City Phoenix and/or simply doesn’t look good enough then I’ll end up going with something else. Like was said above though, I don’t see any mention of Shez with the Mach1 files. If he did indeed make a KPHX, it would definitely be worth checking out.

[quote name=Qballba

First off, Otterspherendit]For those looking for "modern", sfs-midg-phx2020-v1.zip and the associated original files really are a gem. Kind of dates the Simflyers version, which depicts quite a bit of construction happening in the early 2000's.

Ottersphere, I owe you an apology.When I read your original post I interpreted it as you were inquiring about FS9 version of KPHL, not KPHX. All wonder why you never found a version of KPHX by Shez. I'm truly sorry. That said, the version of KPHL created by Shez is extremely well done.

Secondly, I see folks mentioning about "sfs-midg-phx2020-v1.zip" authored by someone calling himself "Studio F. Simulations". No clue who he is. Personally I have not downloaded nor installed this update. However, it would have been courteous and respectful of him to have credited my work which he references as "SKYHARBOR2019.ZIP" and "KPHX_2019_UPDATE.ZIP". He credits Mach-1 which is nice. But I received written permission from the authors of Mach-1 before I set out to update the above files he references. Doesn't sound like a big deal. But it took me months to update those textures, etc. Would have been nice to have been mentioned in his credits. M1DG had absolutely nothing to do with the texture, positioning, bgl editing, that this guy credits. This is an excellent example of why freeware authors simply give up.

Again Ottersphere, sorry I sent you on a witch hunt.

Michael Lehkamp (grau)

Edited by grau

Thank you for your work on KPHX and others Michael. Nicely done.