LPMA Madeira scenery by Toni Agramont question?

I have been attempting to install this scenery again in my FSX Acc. installation unsuccesfully. It simply looks awful. water crawls up the coasts the mountain textures are bodgy also. despite I have redownloaded new files and have reinstalled after cleaning system of everything related, it still looks yaiks! I've checked internet for FSX Scenery advice, but I am out of options. Can anyone advice?

Madeira textures.jpg

Edited by berlopez

I have been attempting to install this scenery again in my FSX Acc. installation unsuccesfully. It simply looks awful. water crawls up the coasts the mountain textures are bodgy also. despite I have redownloaded new files and have reinstalled after cleaning system of everything related, it still looks yaiks! I've checked internet for FSX Scenery advice, but I am out of options. Can anyone advice?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230545[/ATTACH]

Sort out the elevations first, then see how it looks.

FSX Mesh is FREE...

Check out "World Wide SRTM" by Taburet, found in the file library here.

Decided to make a fresh install from a fresh download, because I can't figure World Wide SRTM and tried different Mesh settings. All i got was mountains of sea water along the Right side of the airport and at the beggining of the runway far side. My file doesn't contain a Scenery models folder.

I think Toni Agramont designed all his sceneries for the FSX default scenery and mesh only. There is a known elevation issue with the default LPMA which is fixed with this file from the library here:

LPMA.jpg

Failing that, in the flightsim.com store you can buy Aerosoft's LPMA and get LPPS for free:

https://store.flightsim.com/product/aerosoft-madeira-x-evolution-for-fsx-p3dv4/?wmc-currency=EUR

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tiger:Thanks for yourreply I got the download fix but the instructions read to put the two.bgls' in AddonScenery\Scenery folder. My AddonScenery "Scenery" folder has gone missing? But all my addon sceneries show, looking at my Scenery.cfg file it looks like this:

[Area.131]

Title=saba

Local=Addon Scenery\saba

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=131

[Area.132]

Title=Static Scenery Objects

Local=Addon Scenery\Static Scenery Objects

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=132

[Area.133]

Title=Baku X DEMO

Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Baku X DEMO

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=133

Just Addon Scenery and the name of the scenery, shouldn't the second scenery show in the path,Like:

Addon Scenery\ Scenery\ Scenery Title ?

Berlopez

Tiger:Thanks for yourreply I got the download fix but the instructions read to put the two.bgls' in AddonScenery\Scenery folder. My AddonScenery "Scenery" folder has gone missing? But all my addon sceneries show, looking at my Scenery.cfg file it looks like this:

[Area.131]

Title=saba

Local=Addon Scenery\saba

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=131

[Area.132]

Title=Static Scenery Objects

Local=Addon Scenery\Static Scenery Objects

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=132

[Area.133]

Title=Baku X DEMO

Local=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\Baku X DEMO

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Layer=133

Just Addon Scenery and the name of the scenery, shouldn't the second scenery show in the path,Like:

Addon Scenery\ Scenery\ Scenery Title ?

Berlopez

Self-contained sceneries like "Static Scenery Objects" work perfectly in the Addon Scenery folder as they are.

In the original default Addon Scenery folder, there was a Texture and a Scenery folder where sceneries could place shared files, and those files are automatically loaded at startup.

If your Texture and Scenery folders have been deleted, they were probably empty anyway, but you can just create new Texture and Scenery folders and place the elevation fix files in them.

Note that the elevation fix files may not appear in the Scenery list in the sim, but they will have been loaded into the sim at startup.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Still attempting to install, Hhhuey! Cant get rid of the wall of water next and at the end of the runway. Went to LPPS which is an island nearby where the author suggests a short flight. Now that airport has square holes along the runway. Now I wondr if the formatt used in the file is for fs2002 (.Bgl) while FSX uses (.dds) and this is the reason why all this is haywire.

I uninstalled to see if the holes dissapeared from LPPS, but no such luck, still there, What to do now? hope not a complete FSX reinstall.

Berlopez

Still attempting to install, Hhhuey! Cant get rid of the wall of water next and at the end of the runway. Went to LPPS which is an island nearby where the author suggests a short flight. Now that airport has square holes along the runway. Now I wondr if the formatt used in the file is for fs2002 (.Bgl) while FSX uses (.dds) and this is the reason why all this is haywire.

I uninstalled to see if the holes dissapeared from LPPS, but no such luck, still there, What to do now? hope not a complete FSX reinstall.

Berlopez

Have you tried FreeMesh? You need additional files, not reinstalled... This has been explained and addons suggested.

Now I wondr if the formatt used in the file is for fs2002 (.Bgl) while FSX uses (.dds) and this is the reason why all this is haywire.

The .bgl format is common to FS2002, FS2004 and FSX so that shouldn't be a problem, and the .dds format is for FSX textures so that shouldn't cause holes in runways either.

An addon mesh could cause holes and spikes to appear, and walls of water where the mesh doesn't align with the default landclass.

There's another freeware scenery for Madiera but it has problems of it's own, you may be better off with the payware LPMA and LPPS from Aerosoft.

lpma.jpg

Edited by tiger1962

Fixed. Had to delete a .bgl

Great news, glad you fixed it!

Thanks for your replies. I downloaded LPMA LPPS.zip from the library.i get a backup folder of the file in scenery 0502 APX43200

LPMA_ADEX_PH.bgl

LPMA_ADEX_PH1.BGL

LPPS_ADEX_PH.bgl Readme file which contain only description of the file, no intructions ?

And two thumbnails.

I attempted to copy the 2.bgls aand the single.BGL into Addon Scenery \Scenery folder, restarted FSX the loading bar ran, but when i went to LPMA everything was still haywire,same at LPPS so I removed the files from the folder aand let it load default and here I am.

Thanks. Berlopez

The file LPPS_ADEX_PM.bgl which comes with FS Scenery- Madeira Funchal Suggested, Is the file that causes the square holes along the runway at LPPS. I found it and deleted it again and now all is fine, flat terrain along the runway at Porto Santo.

Aarrrrrrrrg! But today 8-7-22 I open the sim and again the holes and waterwalls are present, how can that be? I have looked for the files again and they are not present!?+??

I'm perplexed!

Edited by berlopez

It must be a scenery layering issue, and/or you need to disable the default .bgl for Madiera.

Tiger, thanks for your fallow Up. The weird thing is i have had this scenery showing perfectly before, at one time, then stupidly, don't ask me why? I deleted it. this FSX installation is the first one I did in this computer and it's by now 3-4 years old, everything is fine except for this LPMA scenery this time, my persistance is because I find it odd that's it's so stubborn. I am of course reluctant to do a complete reinstall of FSX\Accl.+addons. I've even had other simmer friends advice me not to fly to LPMA or LPPS, as here this airport displays square holes along the runway. Here I can reduce this to noting by reducing my Mesh Resolution in Scenery Settings, but this does nothing or has no effect with the water walls at LPMA; Then when I reopen the sim again i have to go to settings aagin and move the slider.

Berlopez

• 2 weeks later...