US Viper Folder

CTarana45

I see discussions on how easy it is to edit the Aircraft.cfg file! :)

Christopher Tarana

What OS? And if you don't explain, how do you expect help? USE your words, man!

It's easy to edit the Aircraft .cfg, except under certain circumstances.

Hi Christopher,

Its not just changes to the aircraft.cfg file that can have consequences, changes to other .cfg files (such as the panel.cfg or texture.cfg files) can create problems - as can simply changing the name of main aircraft folder....

However, making more common and useful changes is relatively simple once you have a even a basic understanding of what each of entry means and how it interacts with the rest of the model - the key to doing so is very simple - ALWAYS make a backup copy of the original file(s) BEFORE making any changes....

Regards

Brian

Christopher,

It would be very helpful if you would post the exact name of the downloaded file and where you downloaded it from. In this way I, and possibly others, can download the aircraft in order to test it and to hopefully help you.

Regards

Hans

I am running Windows 7 32 Bit! I do make a copy of the Aircraft.cfg file and place it in the Docs folder before changing it! One of the features of Windows 7 is the ability to drag folders with the mouse! I did that with one of the Helicopter Models and to this day I haven't found the Folder! The Aircraft does show up in the Aircraft Selection menu! :pilot:

Christopher Tarana

...the ability to drag folders with the mouse! I did that with one of the Helicopter Models and to this day I haven't found the Folder!

I've done that a few times over the years, and it happens because you actually released the mouse button either a hair too early or a hair too late, placing it into an adjacent folder.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!