Loading screen bar stucked at 100%. Do not repair via Steam or…

I‘m upset… Yesterday, I started MSFS to relax at least a bit from a 12h work day. Over the last week I spend hours and hours to configure everything (graphic settings, my hotas, all the mods and addons). I was happy to know that everything works and started the sim with this in mind. But. The loading screen stucked. Full blue loading bar but nothing happens. So I googeled and googeled but found no solution. I got the Steam version, so I used the Steam repair function. I started the game aaaand: the game showed the mandatory update screen with 95GB. I downloaded it over night knowing that this can’t be right. I saved the community folder bevor going to bed. This morning, I checked the installation, of course msfs deleted every setting instead of the Hotas presets. This is not a rant, I just don’t want this to happen again. So next time msfs decides to ruin my day, the loading bar is stucked at 100%, what can I do to avoid this?

I‘m upset… Yesterday, I started MSFS to relax at least a bit from a 12h work day. Over the last week I spend hours and hours to configure everything (graphic settings, my hotas, all the mods and addons). I was happy to know that everything works and started the sim with this in mind. But. The loading screen stucked. Full blue loading bar but nothing happens. So I googeled and googeled but found no solution. I got the Steam version, so I used the Steam repair function. I started the game aaaand: the game showed the mandatory update screen with 95GB. I downloaded it over night knowing that this can’t be right. I saved the community folder bevor going to bed. This morning, I checked the installation, of course msfs deleted every setting instead of the Hotas presets. This is not a rant, I just don’t want this to happen again. So next time msfs decides to ruin my day, the loading bar is stucked at 100%, what can I do to avoid this?

This actually happens to me during world or system updates with MSFS, in my case it will redownload the same file over and over (you get the idea).

For me, I just close out of MSFS, log out of MS Store and anything else related to MSFS, do a reboot, relog back into MS Store and download anything it wants me to, then I start on MSFS. That usually does the trick for me. I've been there before, reseting the sim and spending HOURS reloading

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Do NOT do a Steam verify or repair. Steam utility does not get along with Msoft file structure and will mess it up. Usually causing a full reload of the software. Like all 100 Gb or more. Try everything else first, up to and including doing a Windows restart - which can help stop stray background stuff and recover memory.