Can't change sim rate in FSX

When I type R I do not get the simulation rate menu. In fact, nothing happens. I tried assigning this function to a controller key. Still nothing.

I have just installed FSX (boxed DVD edition, still in shrinkwrap), with both service packs into an HP desktop running double quad CPU, 64 bit, with Windows 7 Pro.

I ran FSX Acceraration years ago and I changed the sim rate to 8X often.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Paul

acting99,

You will have to press and hold 'R', then press the '+' or '-' key to adjust the rate.

Going from memory here, I could be off a bit.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

acting99,

You will have to press and hold 'R', then press the '+' or '-' key to adjust the rate.

Going from memory here, I could be off a bit.

Hal

Actually, just press and release the 'R' key, which sets the + and - to apply to the Rate. Other keys set the + and - to other functions, such as tuning radios, setting OBS adjustment and more.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Actually, just press and release the 'R' key, which sets the + and - to apply to the Rate. Other keys set the + and - to other functions, such as tuning radios, setting OBS adjustment and more.

Thanks for the clarification Larry,

I thought I might be off somewhat.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.