P3C NAS Jacksonville to NAS Boca Chica (Key West)

Here's a short flight from Jacksonville Naval Air Station (KNIP) down the Florida pennisula to Boca Chica Naval Air Station (KNQX) next door to Key West. FSX P3C conversion to FS2020.

Lined up for takeoff on Jax Runway 10. Some rain showers in the area ahead of us over toward the beaches.

P1.jpg

Climbing out over the St Johns river with the tall buildings of downtown Jacksonville visible in the distance.

P2.jpg

Missed the rain showers on an after takeoff turn to the SW but scattered cumulus clouds are the forecast weather for the first half of the flight along our route.

P3.jpg

Climbing up to cruise altitude is no problem with our 4 T56-14-A turboprops generating close to 5500 HP each.

P4.jpg

Leveled off over the lake country of central Florida at our cruise altitude of FL190 for the short 1 hour and 3 minute flight to the keys.

P5.jpg

On final to Boca Chica over the turquoise waters of the keys. Key West is off the right wing. We'll be heading for Sloppy Joes once we get shut down.

P6.jpg

Flare before touchdown. OK - so we're a little short and off centerline but hey - we're on the runway - so who's complaining?:D:D

P7.jpg

Shut down on the ramp with the F/A-18s of the VFA-106 "Gladiators" in the background.

P8.jpg

Edited by BillD22

Great shots Bill!

I made parts or all of that trip several times in various (Navy-Marine)aircraft. Those were mostly day and night NAV. hops.

My only experience with a P-3 was a ferry hop moving a P-3 from North Island to the East Coast. I really admire those folks who spend all those hours on station patrolling off the coasts in a P-3!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.