CJ4 Wont Capture GP (No FP) Using Latest WT mod.

Freq. selected for runway showing Loc1. Select NAV mode & then select APP (with mouse). A/C captures the localiser but will not follow the GP. No issues with other aircraft.

Would appreciate some assistance.

CRV

Freq. selected for runway showing Loc1. Select NAV mode & then select APP (with mouse). A/C captures the localiser but will not follow the GP. No issues with other aircraft.

CRV

Freq-=frequency

LOC1-localiser ??

NAV-navigation

App-approach

A/C-aircraft

GP-glide path

CRV-type of car ??

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Your GP should be GS, Glide Slope (not path), and is the FP in the title supposed to be Flight Path? Those are certainly not aviation standard abbreviations, which makes it tough for folks to follow you.

And a "WT mod"???

Be careful using abbreviations, perhaps spelling them out the first time you use them when they aren't standard fare.

Be aware that where you are (in relation to the ILS), altitude and perhaps other factors can play a part, so perhaps more detail on what you are doing would help someone help you.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

What airport and runway --maybe localizer only approach?

Sigh, forgot about that, lol :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

What is the WT mod?

Edit-Working title :D

CRV

You mean the glide slope?

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Check your aircraft configuration file for Nav1 entry line - here is an example for the radio section from a very sophisticated nav/comm suite. You should at least show

Nav.1 =1, 0, 1 which means you have nav1, no standby freq and a glideslope receiver

[Radios]

// Radio Type=availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 =1

Com.1 =1, 1

Com.2 =1, 1

Nav.1 =1, 1, 1

Nav.2 =1, 1, 1

Transponder.1=1

Adf.1 =1

Marker.1=1

Actually I was a rw pilot before FMS was invented. An era when people knew how to spell.

CRV

Ah, the “dead reckoning” era I take it?

Computers can be a PITA, but they also make things easier in my opinion. Just program and go.

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Ah, the “dead reckoning” era I take it?

Computers can be a PITA, but they also make things easier in my opinion. Just program and go.

Yes, they either reckoned, or ended up dead... It's map reading for the GPS generation. Drive up the down road and the crash will either kill you, or make you stronger!

CRV

Since you're talking about "Loc1," I assume you're trying to fly an ILS approach, in which case you want to capture the glide slope (GS) and not the glide path (GP), the latter being associated with any RNAV approach that employs satellite-based VNAV to get you to the runway, rather than a ground-based radio beacon, as with ILS.

To catch the GS for any ILS approach, you must be at the appropriate target altitude when you reach the approach's final approach fix (FAF). You can get the target altitude from the approach "plate," or approach chart. And you can find free approach charts at fltplan.com. If you go to the site and look up the approach plate for RWY 27L at KORD, you'll see from the chart at the bottom right of the plate that the descent begins at 9,000 ft at NRMAH and that you must be at 2,200 ft by JLOWW (the waypoint with the maltese cross) to catch the GS. In the CJ4, you can manage the descent from NRMAH manually using the AP's VS function.

Or better yet, you could use VNAV to manage the initial descent. In that case, you would descend along a "VPATH" from 9,000 to 2,200 ft. But using VNAV correctly is another story....

HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5