B747-400 2D V3 Panel - G. Munro

Propwash

I have been using G. Munro's excellent panel but noticed the IAS-MACH Switch gauge is missing. I have reviewed the download but don't see it anywhere. Has anyone else noticed this? Appreciate any help or info and thanks.

Exactly and it is either missing or inop. I know it doesn't function under MACH.4, but I'm flying at M.76 and it doesn't work. When in click on it, the button is supposed to change to blue color. The same gauge appears in other panels and does function. I thought I could copy the gauge over but seems that isn't in my job description LOL. I have downloaded the same file from other web sites and no difference. Does it function on your computer?

Does it function on your computer?

I don't have it installed, just "stole" the image from the download preview.

You know the gauge name?

Can you check if the gauge is listed in panel.cfg?

If so, you only need to copy the corresponding .gau, .xml or whatever file to the panel folder.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I have thought about doing that but I would need to tell the panel.cfg where the gauge is to be placed. I suppose I could purchase panel studio but not sure if i want to spend money on just one gauge. Guess I'm just looking for a little more realism out of an already great panel. I read in another post where someone suggested the writer send G. Munro an E-mail, said he always responds. I might look into that, assuming of course I can find his E-mail address. I may just continue checking the PFD for the current MACH and adjust the IAS accordingly.

Hi,

WRT contacting then author....looking at the various files he has uploaded he has always responded to anyone making a comment about the gauge using the Comment function located at the bottom left of each entry - so give that a try....

Two other options exist that may resolve the issue for you in some way....

Check out the following files which can be found here at flightsim

b747-8f.zip by the same author - the details of the panel claims it is virtually the same as the -400 panel bar a few minor differences...

defaultimate747.zip by Wheelie Bin Studios - it is based on the original Munro V3 panel with a few enhancements...

Regards

Brian

Hi there,

I remember coming across this problem when I was adapting this panel for the defaultimate747.zip referenced above.

I've had a very quick play around with it tonight to reacquaint myself with the problem. It seems that the switching between IAS/Mach occurs just fine as long as the autopilot speed hold is NOT enabled. You can circumvent this problem by simply disabling the speed hold switch, making the change and enabling speed hold again.

I remember that this irked me, so I amended the panel so that this could be switched regardless of whether the autopilot speed hold was enabled or not to suit my taste. I have no idea if this mimics real life or not. Sounds like this might be what you want as well.

Anyhow I tried to revisit my code to see if I could provide you with a quick fix. No cigar. It'll take a bit longer and unfortunately I'm a little busy.

I would encourage you to try out my Defaultimate 747 available here in the file library (search defaultimate747.zip). It really is a pretty good adaptation of G Munro's outstanding panel to the default 747 VC if I don't say so myself.

If the Defaultimate 747 doesn't float your boat, then get in touch with G Munro and see if he can help you. If you don't get particularly far with that, then post here again and I'll try to take another look at coming up with a fix for you, pending available time.

Good luck!

Trent

CEO - Wheelie Bin Studios