Anti-Ice Switch, Which Planes?

I recently built a MobiFlight switch panel “inspired-by” the Saitek/Logitech switch panel, and it includes switches for both Pitot-Heat and Anti-Ice. I expect most-if-not-all carbureted aircraft engines will have Pitot-Heat.

Which planes will also have Anti-Ice/De-Ice features? I am mostly interested in light single engine planes, especially the default planes in FSX that I will train in.

I am trying to eliminate an excess switch.

Thanks in advance

JD

God's Teeth man, instead of asking everyone else to do it for you - open each aircraft.cfg file in Notepad and search for either Anti-Ice, Anti or Ice.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I use the Saitek panel switch and the de-ice switch will act as carb heater in most GA planes.

Very useful when you fly in cold or at high altitude.

i7-4790K @4400 on Gigabyte Z97X (16gb), GeForce GTX 970 OC, Corsair Spec case

Win7 Ult(64) on Samsung850 SSD(256), FSX+Accell on Samsung850 SSD(256), Track IR5

Saitek yoke/rudder radio/multi/switch panels, Logitech G13, GMap on Samsung tab

Daniel - thanks for the clarification, I was confusing Pitot-Heat with Carb-Heat, yes most/all piston engines will need Carb-Heat.

JD

No, only aircraft that are prone to carb icing. I never needed it on my Diamond Katana, but the Rotax 912 wasn't regarded as prone to carb icing. If the weather was cold and/or wet I would use it for landing but as a backup, as carb-ice was slightly more prevalent.

I only had it occur once in flight in more than a thousand hours on that plane, but on a 6-degree day with rain showers.

Note: Carb heat is used as a prevention mechanism not as a cure-all...