Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excessive Turbulence

Default Excessive Turbulence

Since update 9 my non-autopilot flights are producing heavy cross wind turbulence with every plane I fly. Doesnt seem to matter if i am in the mountains or flying over flat lands. Yesterday I was flying the 930 the winds were so fierce it drove my plane right into the ground. Prior to this I had zero problems flying and landing any of the aircraft with ease, not anymore. I have zero winds set in the weather app.

I found that setting the time to spring rather than summer and avoiding flying after 11 am helped with this.
    Ryzen 5600X, AM4, Zen+ 6 Core 12 thread
    Nvidia 3070 Founders edition 16 Gig RAM - Windows 10
    MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition
    Resolution 1920 x 1080

Quote Originally Posted by cianpars View Post
    I found that setting the time to spring rather than summer and avoiding flying after 11 am helped with this.
    Thank you for the advice, I will take your suggestions later on this afternoon see how it works

That sounds like a serious common sense mental and programming lapse on the part of those assigned to "update 9!"

Planes fly 24/7 year around all over the world and most, if they read and react to their weather updates, never encounter the conditions you described.

To have this happen any time when not flying with autopilot is anything but a correctly modeled flight simulation!
    Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    That sounds like a serious common sense mental and programming lapse on the part of those assigned to "update 9!"

Planes fly 24/7 year around all over the world and most, if they read and react to their weather updates, never encounter the conditions you described.

To have this happen any time when not flying with autopilot is anything but a correctly modeled flight simulation!
    I was a student pilot back in the 60's flying the 150's and 172's, and yes I do vaguely remember the turbulence. Yes it is more like real world flying but in the msfs I honestly don't remember the severe cross winds when landing and also sightseeing. I bought the sim on day 1 and had very few issues with the updates. Just this one with the excessive turbulence. I took the advice of cianpars and it did seam to help. Can I still fly in the turbulence? Sure can, just requires more patience and honing your flying skills.

Quote Originally Posted by pthomas74 View Post
    I bought the sim on day 1 and had very few issues with the updates. Just this one with the excessive turbulence.
    Sometimes an update can change your settings, it's worth going through them all but maybe your realism and assistance settings have changed since the update?
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X, Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia RTX2060 6Gb, Logitech Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Sometimes an update can change your settings, it's worth going through them all but maybe your realism and assistance settings have changed since the update?
    No everything is the same. I did a reinstall and used my phone to take pictures of my settings so I wouldn't mess things up.

That does not make sense to me? If the update changed your settings, taking a picture of the settings would perpetuate the problem. Why not post the settings photo to this thread?
    I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Quote Originally Posted by plainsman View Post
    That does not make sense to me? If the update changed your settings, taking a picture of the settings would perpetuate the problem. Why not post the settings photo to this thread?
    I did the reinstall but obviously didn't alter any settings until I flew some of my favorites planes. Turbulence was still there but the FPS had dropped to upper 20's to low 30's so i changed the graphics settings to what they were prior to reinstalling which brought my FPS back up to high 30's and low 40's

If you have FSRealistic installed, it can adjust the turbulence effect.
    Windows 11, Intel i9-9900K, 32GB DDR4/3000 MHz, GeForce RTX 2070, 1TB M.2 Drive dedicated to Flight Sim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast