Excessive Turbulence

Since update 9 my non-autopilot flights are producing heavy cross wind turbulence with every plane I fly. Doesnt seem to matter if i am in the mountains or flying over flat lands. Yesterday I was flying the 930 the winds were so fierce it drove my plane right into the ground. Prior to this I had zero problems flying and landing any of the aircraft with ease, not anymore. I have zero winds set in the weather app.

I found that setting the time to spring rather than summer and avoiding flying after 11 am helped with this.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

That sounds like a serious common sense mental and programming lapse on the part of those assigned to "update 9!"

Planes fly 24/7 year around all over the world and most, if they read and react to their weather updates, never encounter the conditions you described.

To have this happen any time when not flying with autopilot is anything but a correctly modeled flight simulation!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

That sounds like a serious common sense mental and programming lapse on the part of those assigned to "update 9!"

Planes fly 24/7 year around all over the world and most, if they read and react to their weather updates, never encounter the conditions you described.

To have this happen any time when not flying with autopilot is anything but a correctly modeled flight simulation!

I was a student pilot back in the 60's flying the 150's and 172's, and yes I do vaguely remember the turbulence. Yes it is more like real world flying but in the msfs I honestly don't remember the severe cross winds when landing and also sightseeing. I bought the sim on day 1 and had very few issues with the updates. Just this one with the excessive turbulence. I took the advice of cianpars and it did seam to help. Can I still fly in the turbulence? Sure can, just requires more patience and honing your flying skills.

I bought the sim on day 1 and had very few issues with the updates. Just this one with the excessive turbulence.

Sometimes an update can change your settings, it's worth going through them all but maybe your realism and assistance settings have changed since the update?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Sometimes an update can change your settings, it's worth going through them all but maybe your realism and assistance settings have changed since the update?

No everything is the same. I did a reinstall and used my phone to take pictures of my settings so I wouldn't mess things up.

That does not make sense to me? If the update changed your settings, taking a picture of the settings would perpetuate the problem. Why not post the settings photo to this thread?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

That does not make sense to me? If the update changed your settings, taking a picture of the settings would perpetuate the problem. Why not post the settings photo to this thread?

I did the reinstall but obviously didn't alter any settings until I flew some of my favorites planes. Turbulence was still there but the FPS had dropped to upper 20's to low 30's so i changed the graphics settings to what they were prior to reinstalling which brought my FPS back up to high 30's and low 40's

Apparently I don't understand as I don't get any excessive turbulence and basically no turbulence at all unless I dial it in. Perhaps you have a setting causing that. Maybe post all your settings so someone can decipher it and help you.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

No everything is the same. I did a reinstall and used my phone to take pictures of my settings so I wouldn't mess things up.

Is your Flight Model set to Legacy by any chance? It should be set to Modern at all times, in fact there's a campaign on the offical forums to get Asobo to remove Legacy altogether.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Is your Flight Model set to Legacy by any chance? It should be set to Modern at all times, in fact there's a campaign on the offical forums to get Asobo to remove Legacy altogether.

Yes, I have always used modern

That's great news and thanks for posting the solution.

That's great news and thanks for posting the solution.

I went on Amazon and started reading the reviews about my flight stick, they were actually pretty good then BINGO, guy gave it 2 stars. His review had the same issues I was having, it was the rudder control that was causing all his problems (and obviously mine as well).